Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB is Microsoft Defender Antivirus’ detection for computer threat which has the primary objective of obtaining remote access on the infected computer. To achieve this, there will be changes in the system as a result of the Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB infection. It also opens a back door port, changes the registry, and modifies the firewall settings. Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB has also been designed to steal sensitive information on the infected device. The gathered data is stored on a predefined section on local hard drive and have been set up to be sent to attacker’s own server at some point.
Normally, the malevolent code of Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB is incorporated into the spam emails masquerading as valid attachment. Opening the latter executes the malware without attracting the attention of the user. Another way that malware authors use to propagate Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB are malicious links from the social networking sites, comment area of the blog sites, and malicious file installers. Infections from other Trojans and viruses may also leverages to this attack, in particular the Trojan Dropper.
After Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB runs on the computer, it will modify set of system files. Also, it will deposit extra malicious files on various local folders. Registry entries are also created to execute the virus whenever Windows boots up.
In case of Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB presence, antivirus programs and other security-related software may operate blindly. The threat normally terminates running processes that are relevant to anti-virus, firewall, and other computer security applications.
Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB occasionally connects to a remote server by means of HTTP or FTP ports to submit information collected from the PC.
Alerts from Microsoft’s security software such as MS Security Essentials and Wndows Defender are signals that will surface in the presence of Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB.
The threat is detectable by other antivirus programs such as Trojan.Stelega, Win32.Stelega, Trojan/Stelega-A.
List of Variants
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB||Severe||Sep 21, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/Stelega!MSR||Severe||Oct 08, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/Stelega.A!MTB||Severe||Oct 08, 2020|
|TrojanSpy:MSIL/Stelega.RIA!MTB||Severe||Oct 14, 2020|
|Trojan:Win32/Stelega!MSR||Severe||Oct 14, 2020|
|TrojanSpy:MSIL/Stelega.AS!MTB||Severe||Oct 29, 2020|
|TrojanSpy:MSIL/Stelega.AL!MTB||Severe||Oct 30, 2020|
|TrojanDropper:O97M/Stelega!MSR||Severe||Nov 06, 2020|
|TrojanSpy:MSIL/Stelega.PR!MTB||Severe||Nov 07, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/Stelega.AQ!MTB||Severe||Nov 10, 2020|
|TrojanSpy:MSIL/Stelega.AQ!MTB||Severe||Nov 10, 2020|
|For complete details including full list of Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB variants, please refer to this Microsoft Security Intelligence page|
How to remove Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB?
To totally remove Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB Instantly
To instantly remove Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Trojan:Win32/Stelega.AA!MTB items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.