The exact detection of Trojan:VBS/Kechastel.V is accomplished by Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Other security software is likewise capable of detecting the threat with similar behavior, though, a different alias or name is given to identify the virus.
If Trojan:VBS/Kechastel.V is detected on the computer, it means that a malicious Visual Basic Script file has been executed or is operating maliciously. Thus, the computer user must act immediately to eliminate the threat. Leaving Trojan:VBS/Kechastel.V on the computer may cause severe harm.
How to remove Trojan:VBS/Kechastel.V?
Running a thorough scan is recommended to detect and remove Trojan:VBS/Kechastel.V. Also, it is advised to use only legitimate and efficient virus scanners such as the following:
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect Trojan:VBS/Kechastel.V or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing Trojan:VBS/Kechastel.V will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that Trojan:VBS/Kechastel.V is completely eliminated.
For more help
There are so many variants of this threat and the majority of them can severely harm the computer. We are providing a list of threats belonging to Trojan VBS family.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.