Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A is a generic detection by Microsoft Defender Antivirus to identify a computer threat that can run a PowerShell command to further infect the system. Doing nothing while this virus is present on the computer may lead to further issues. Therefore, it is suggested to eliminate the Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A infection as soon as possible
The computer may get infected with Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A if the user routinely pays a visit to malicious websites, particularly the ones that are involved in software and media piracy. Opening an email with suspicious file attachment is also seen as another way for Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A to successfully infect the computer.
Once inside the computer, Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A takes advantage of the Powershell command to automatically run a malicious script each time that Windows starts.
How to remove Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A?
It is crucial to get rid of this threat as soon as its presence is detected on the computer. Thoroughly scan the computer with the following tools to totally get rid of Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A virus.
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A is completely eliminated.
For more help
The threat Trojan:PowerShell/Misalrut.A is just one of the so many variants that may infect the computer. To find specific version and removal guide, please see our list of PowerShell threats.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.