Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt is a detection for a harmful computer virus that set sights on taking away the access of users to their own files. This virus can sneak onto the system with different ways that are taking advantage of vast computer connections over the internet. Once it gets inside the computer, Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt performs different malicious actions defending on attacker’s preference.
Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt spreads in a way as common computer viruses do. Users may acquire it from spam emails, infected websites, malicious file installers, dubious links from social networks and site forums, botnets, or it could be dropped by another Trojan infection.
Once Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt is active on the computer, it attempts to hook up to a remote server to download additional malware that is known to have a file-encrypting capability. This virus can also drop a copy of its malicious code on Windows System folder and pretend as legitimate one. To assign a boot-up sequence and run the malicious code, Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt will insert own Windows registry that aims on initializing the virus code each time that computer starts.
The main objective of Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt for infecting the computer is to blow up the current infection into a more hazardous one. In order to accomplish this task, it will download the ransomware module from a remote computer that is under the control of attackers. It executes the obtained virus and this is the beginning of a much disastrous attack where it targets important computer files.
Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt looks for common files liken documents, photos, images, videos, and similar data that are valuable to computer users. Then, it gets lock with a complex algorithm technique that is quite impossible to unlock without the recovery tools owned by the attackers.
List of Variants
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt.VN!MTB||Severe||Jul 01, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt!rfn||Severe||Jul 21, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt.IP!MTB||Severe||Jul 30, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt.A!MTB||Severe||Jul 31, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt!MSR||Severe||Aug 20, 2020|
|For complete details including full list of Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt variants, please refer to this Microsoft Security Intelligence page|
How to remove Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt?
To totally remove Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt Instantly
To instantly remove Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Trojan:MSIL/TeslaCrypt items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.