What is Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB?
If computer security application detects the presence of Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB, full scanning is required on the computer to eliminate the threat as soon as possible. If in case that the said virus was able to stay longer inside the Windows system, it can accomplish several malicious activities that favors the illicit activities of the attackers. For example, Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB can allow the actors behind this virus to control the computer remotely via the created backdoor port.
The spread tactics that virus makers are using to spread Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB are variable. It can approach the computer via spam emails, malicious links, infected websites, or via another Trojan Downloader infection.
Once executed on the computer, Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB will instantly drop malicious files on the System folder of Windows including a copy of the virus. Then, it creates an auto start functionalities simply by incorporating own value in the Windows registry. By the time that Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB is operational on the computer, the virus can do different harmful things that diminishes the performance and could result in issues and errors.
Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB is a virus with flexible attack scheme and once it is operational on the infected computer, several harmful actions will take place and it includes the following:
- Open a backdoor port to allow remote access from an attacker.
- Gather sensitive data from the infected computer.
- Connect to remote computer and upload collected information.
- Fetch additional virus from a remote server.
- Run the downloaded virus on the contaminated machine.
List of Variants
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.E!MTB||Severe||Nov 14, 2018|
|Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla!MSR||Severe||Sep 21, 2019|
|Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.MS!rfn||Severe||Jan 03, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.PXL!MTB||Severe||Jul 07, 2020|
|Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.NO!MTB||Severe||Mar 01, 2021|
How to remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB?
To totally remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB Instantly
To instantly remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful virus removal tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB or similar attack, you can activate Sophos to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove virus like Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
After executing the above instructions, Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
How to protect the computer?
The initial defense that comes to the mind of any computer users is to install an anti-virus or anti-malware program. This move is sensible and probably the most practical way to protect the computer against Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB attack. Hence, keep in mind that having a security software do not give full guarantee of protection. The most part of the prevention still lies on being cautious of users and therefore we are providing the following information as guidelines to protect the computer from virus infection.
Avoid Malicious Websites
There are enormous numbers of websites that was made for the primary purpose of spreading Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB. Normally, these sites are involved in integrating malicious pop-up and browser hijacker, that will eventually cause further virus infection. Avoid such kind of websites.
Delete Phishing Emails
The mass-mailing of computer viruses gives the attackers the luxury of spreading their malicious code in just one send off. This will arrive in the inbox as email that appears to be from a legitimate organization. So, if you receive an unexpected email with a link or an attached file, better delete it immediately.
Do Not Click a Suspicious Link
Links from social media, forums, and blog sites are sometimes being utilized by attackers to drive web users to a malicious page that contains malicious code. Therefore, do not just click on any link especially if it looks suspicious. Accidental access to the destination site may lead to Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB infection.
Be Careful When Downloading Files
Cracked software, serial key generators, and several freeware are seen as another method that spreads the Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.OXL!MTB virus. Avoid acquiring these types of application and if there is a need to download a freeware or shareware, be sure to obtain it from the official website or trusted providers.