A dangerous virus called TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB was developed in order to further infect the computer with malware. Thankfully, Microsoft Defender Antivirus can find and eliminate this danger from a compromised computer. The supplied name or alias may vary because this infection can also be recognized by other antivirus products that assigns a different alias.
A common detection for a computer virus that can further contaminate a compromised computer is TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB. The danger has the ability to connect to a remote server to download and install malware, adware, or unwanted programs. For this reason, it is advised to get rid of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB as soon as you can to stop the computer from being harmed further.
How to remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB?
If this virus is not removed right away, it could lead to other problems. Please check the computer with the following reliable security programs, and then remove TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB.
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB is completely eliminated.
For more help
One of the many versions that come from this particular family of virus is TrojanDownloader:Win32/Fragtor!MTB. You can look through our list of Trojan Downloader to locate a specific threat type and removal instructions.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.