TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A is a detection name given by Microsoft Security Software to a program or file that was verified to cause additional threat on the computer. Normally, this type of threat was built to install potentially unwanted program or download more malware onto the computer. Typically, TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A causes medium to severe disturbance on the system. It makes changes on certain settings without asking for user’s approval.
TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A or any variants of this threat are normally spread through malicious programs. Compromised web sites running drive-by-download scripts also lead to the infection and serious damage on the computer.
Other means to deploy TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A is through spam email campaign, malicious links from social media sites, and file-sharing networks. Be aware also on key generators and cracked program as it was repacked to include this threat on the installation process.
If TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A was able to invade your computer, anticipate a sudden cut down on the speed of both the machine as well as Internet connection. The threat constantly connects to predefined server to further download malicious file. Changes will also be carried out on configuration settings, Internet browser, and security setup. TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A is a clever malware that can end processes that belongs to anti-virus and firewall.
TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A produces a bunch of annoyances when running on the system. This threat affects computer operation, Internet browsing, and even most of the programs that are installed. Some of Windows tools may also stop from responding and this includes registry editor, task manager, and file management.
How can you remove TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A?
To totally remove TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built to help you remove TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A.
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to TrojanDownloader:JS/Locky.A or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Double Check with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.