Trojan.Ransomlock.AS is a detection name that may pop-up from Symantec when it detects a threat that with ransomware characteristics. In other terms, this threat is called ransomware virus. It barred your access to computer or files displays a page of warning messages and ransom notice. To regain your access, Trojan.Ransomlock.AS will prompt for ransom money using various online payment schemes.
This threat normally comes from trojan infection. Malicious files downloaded from unsafe network-sharing application can also lead to Trojan.Ransomlock.AS infection. Beware of clicking links from suspicious email messages and messenger program as it may also cause the malware to invade your PC.
While Trojan.Ransomlock.AS is on the system, it will block your access to the computer or files. It will exhibit a message why it locks the computer and will advise you to pay ransom money. You must understand that this is just a mere tactics of Trojan.Ransomlock.AS in order to steal money from its victims.
The warning message it projects are usually download from a remote servers which was put up by malware authors.
It will require you to pay through online payment scheme like MoneyGram, Ukash, and MoneyPak. Some variants of Trojan.Ransomlock.AS is also using Bitcoin to process the transaction.
As mentioned, the first sign you may notice is the warning message that blocks your access to the computer or files. If ever Trojan.Ransomlock.AS has not fully installed, your anti-virus program will keep on showing alerts about several attempts of virus trying to penetrate the computer.
How can you remove Trojan.Ransomlock.AS?
To totally remove Trojan.Ransomlock.AS from the computer and get rid of relevant viruses, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
First step: Scan the computer with Norton Power Eraser
1. Download Norton Power Eraser from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file NPE.EXE to run the program.
3. You will be prompted with End User License Agreement. Please click on Accept to continue.
4. Norton Power Eraser will check for the most recent version. Then, the main window will appear. Click on Scan for Risks to the scan and removal process for Trojan.Ransomlock.AS.
5. By default, Norton Power Eraser was configured to perform rootkit scan. This is essential to get rid of Trojan.Ransomlock.AS or other relevant malware. To accomplish this, you will need to restart the computer. Please click Restart button.
6. After restarting Windows, the program will check for possible database update and then, proceeds with the scan. It may take a while, please wait for the scan process to complete.
7. Once scanning is done, Norton Power Eraser will display a list of threats including Trojan.Ransomlock.AS. Review identified threats and remove/repair them from the PC by clicking on Fix Now button.
8. If you are prompted to restart the computer in order to complete the virus removal process, please click on Restart Now.
Second step: Run Sophos Virus Remover to ensure that no more Trojan.Ransomlock.AS is left on the PC
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the instllation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a Welcome Screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose 'I accept the terms in the license agreement'. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Trojan.Ransomlock.AS. It also detects and removes other malicious files.