The malicious script is being utilized by hackers to initiate an attack on the system through the computer user’s intervention. This kind of attack can be detected as Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE by a security application called Avast Antivirus. Other brands of antivirus application are also capable of identifying the threat, hence, the assigned name or alias may be different.
Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE is a malicious executable file that can be run on the computer via remotely or locally. Once operational, the hackers can be able to perform various malicious actions that could further harm the computer. Because of this consequence, immediate removal of Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE is highly recommended.
How to remove Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE?
Use the following effective security software to detect and remove the threat from the infected computer.
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
The free version of this program is sufficient in scanning the computer and removing Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE, as well as other threats that are harmful to the system.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE is completely eliminated.
For more help
Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE is just one of the so many variations of computer virus that utilizes a malicious script in order to perform malevolent actions on the computer. A list of Trojan Script is provided on this website with respective removal guide that victims can use to eliminate the threat.
You may also submit a comment below to start a discussion about Trojan JS/Chromex.Agent.BE. Our technical experts as well as members of the computer security community might be able to answer and help solve the problem.