Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell is generic detection to identity a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is infecting browser applications like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. The detection of Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell implies that the suspicious program is installed and currently committing unusual behavior on the internet browser program. The threat can lead to several disturbances like excessive pop-up ads and persistent browser redirects that drive the internet program to a hacker’s malicious landing page.
The main idea of spreading Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell was established in the objective of attackers to utilize infected browser program as source for online revenue. Other attack sequence may have different objective like browser monitoring or data tracking.
Browser program may get infected with Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell if computer users are frequently visiting sites that are involved in software and media piracy. Those websites often pop-up an ad attempting to persuade web users into download a program that will eventually lead to Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell infection.
As soon as the virus is executed, it attacks the target internet program and injects a malicious Java script code. From there on, web users are going to experience unusual event on the browser like aggressive pop-up advertisements and unrelenting browser redirects.
Installed security application may detect the following infected files:
How can you remove Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell?
To totally remove Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell from the computer and get rid of relevant adware, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Run AdwCleaner to totally remove Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Trojan.BrowserAssistant.Powershell. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.