Security-alerts.com pop-up is part of a small but malicious program that is integrated into the system to be able to promote Mac computer assistance service. Victims will be prompted to call online technical support via phone number +1 855-326-4813. You may get this program by downloading and installing shareware applications or fake software update. By packing Security-alerts.com applet into other software, developers are hoping to spread the service fast and easy. Unknown to user, program they have downloaded and installed will somehow corrupt the system by dropping an adware. So far, Security-alerts.com is deemed as an adware and not a Mac computer virus.
Codes relevant to Security-alerts.com can be loaded into the Mac computer through the help of other malware or potentially unwanted program. Primary goal of the malware is to redirect affected browser to the specified web site or any pages within its domain.
There are also instances that clean Mac computers will get redirected to Security-alerts.com if user pays a visit to malicious web page which executes hijacking scripts.
When Security-alerts.com is installed, it will pop-up from the system tray at any given time, without the need be executed. This threat may also open as a browser window and disguise as system warning. The adware promotes mainly their “Mac computer online support” service, followed by a series of tools and programs, which it calls essential.
Most of the fake online technical support web site evolves mainly through malware infection. When installed on the Mac computer, it will force the browser to view fake scanner or web page with enclosed bogus alert. In this case the malware will open the browser to Security-alerts.com.
The threat is not considered a virus that may spread over the Mac computer or to connected network. What Security-alerts.com can do is to lie regarding the status of your Mac computer so that you will be forced to obtain services which they are promoting.
Safari-Alert. Suspicious activity detected. Your browser might have been hijacked and an anonymous activity has been detected. Major Security Issue. To fix it please call Support for Apple +1 855-326-4813 (Toll Free) immediately!
How to remove Security-alerts.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Security-alerts.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Security-alerts.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Security-alerts.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Security-alerts.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.