Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A is an unknown program or software that will mimic legitimate security software in order to deceive victims to pay for the registered copy of the said rogue product. Initially, this type of threat will trick user to download rogue security software by issuing fake alerts and warnings. In addition, malware like Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A is capable of disabling installed anti-virus and firewall from the infected computer. User may not be able to run certain tools like Registry Editor, Task Manager, System Restore, and other configuration settings during the presence of Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A.
Computer viruses and malicious code dropped by a variety of threats can lead to the Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A infection. Also, malicious web sites running harmful scripts may convince visitors to download a copy of rogue software through deceptive pretences. Other known transmission method includes spam emails, social networking sites, peer-to-peer connection, and instant messaging tool.
During the existence of Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A, computer will suffer from various irregularities and system crashes. The threat can infect several system files that seriously affect operation of the computer. Furthermore, Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A uses extensive CPU and memory resources which reduces overall system functioning.
Anti-virus software, firewall, and other security settings on the compromised PC will be deterred by Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A. It aims to prevent user from removing the malware code in order to keep its goal of generating revenue by selling the rogue program.
Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A virus infection can cause severe fake pop-up alerts. It may appear right at the center of the screen, pop-up from the task bar, or redirect your Internet browser program to a web page stating that PC is infected. You will notice that these warnings have a sole purpose of convincing you to pay for the registration key of the endorsed program.
When this dialog box pop-ups during Windows start-up, it only indicates that computer is infected with Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A.
How can you remove Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A?
To totally remove Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Rogue:JS/FakeCall.A or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Double Check with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MB3-SETUP.EXE to run the program.
3. Select desired installation language when it prompts you.Then, click OK.
4. Continue with the process until MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is fully installed on the computer. The program will run automatically.
5. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on sidebar menu. Then, choose Threat Scan as shown in the image below. Click on Start Scan button to begin the process. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.