Grequebasi.top is a domain associated with redirecting web browser to various malware-infecting websites. The destination pages often contain spam advertisements, bogus software update, and misleading text to lure web users to download bogus application. Web users normally end up to Grequebasi.top if they visit a website that is involved in piracy like the ones that are publishing copyrighted materials as videos, movies, or software. In addition, adware infection can also lead the browser to visit Grequebasi.top or any similar malicious websites.
During web user’s first visit to the said web address, a pop-up will show and it contains a message “Grequebasi.top wants to show notifications.” Majority of web users tend to allow this request because it is a common pop-up during the initial visit to most web domains. Hence, online users are not aware that Grequebasi.top has other malicious intention for requesting the approval. Actors behind this suspicious website are going to abuse this push notification feature to continuously display pop-up advertisements on the browser program.
There are also instances that Grequebasi.top pop-up is due to installed application that has an embedded adware in it. This threat is able to inject a code that hijacks web browser and often redirects the pages to Grequebasi.top. Aside from redirection, it can also kick off the display of pop-up advertisements that are too annoying.
Whether the Grequebasi.top pop-up is based on adware or simple browser configuration, you can stop it by executing the guide on this page. As recommended, it is important to scan the computer with virus and malware removal tools to eliminate any threats from the internet application.
Online Security Scanner Report for Grequebasi.top
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No unsafe content found||Nov. 09, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Warning||Nov. 09, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Medium Security Risk||Nov. 09, 2020|
Technical Data of Grequebasi.top
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||188.8.131.52|
|Other malicious sites on the same server||alassiongally.top|
Steps to remove Grequebasi.top pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Grequebasi.top. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Grequebasi.top are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Grequebasi.top pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Grequebasi.top from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Grequebasi.top from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Grequebasi.top.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Grequebasi.top list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Grequebasi.top from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Grequebasi.top on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Grequebasi.top entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Grequebasi.top pop-up is gone.
Remove Grequebasi.top from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Grequebasi.top.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Grequebasi.top pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Grequebasi.top on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Grequebasi.top from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Grequebasi.top pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Grequebasi.top from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Grequebasi.top automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Grequebasi.top that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Grequebasi.top.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Grequebasi.top and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Grequebasi.top on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Grequebasi.top.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Grequebasi.top.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Grequebasi.top from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Grequebasi.top. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Grequebasi.top.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Grequebasi.top.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Grequebasi.top is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.