Geedoovu.net is one of the so many malicious websites that are under the control of hackers and online fraudsters. Web user’s browser program may accidentally get redirected to Geedoovu.net if they visit illicit sites especially those that are involved in the illegal distribution of copyrighted materials like movies, software, and music files. Once web user is viewing the pages on Geedoovu.net, they will find it hard to exit the website and in fact, several other obtrusive pop-ups will start to load up on the internet browser program.
Apart from visiting the site without a request, Geedoovu.net will still persist in carrying out a series of redirects that aims on forwarding the browser program to another malicious pages. The objective of this redirect that Geedoovu.net is executing on the computer is simply to deliver internet traffic to partner’s websites. This will mean additional revenue for owners of Geedoovu.net because there is an equivalent revenue for every visitor driven to the destination website. Unfortunately, the site that users will be viewing holds malicious contents and links.
Pop-up Ads by Geedoovu.net
Apart from the redirect, another disturbing thing that Geedoovu.net will project on the computer are pop-ups advertisements and actually, users are going to encounter lots of it. Majority of these pop-up ads are originating from push notification center of the internet program and therefore, it can bypass any kind of ad-blocking software.
Whether it is pop-up or redirect, as long as it comes from Geedoovu.net, we concur that it is malicious. Thus, we encourage immediate cleaning on the computer to stop these annoyances.
|Initial pop-up goal
|Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Geedoovu.net will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.
|To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
|Current IP address
|Other malicious sites on the same server
Steps to remove Geedoovu.net pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Geedoovu.net. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Geedoovu.net are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Geedoovu.net pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Geedoovu.net from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Geedoovu.net from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Geedoovu.net.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Geedoovu.net list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Geedoovu.net from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Geedoovu.net on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Geedoovu.net entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Geedoovu.net pop-up is gone.
Remove Geedoovu.net from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Geedoovu.net.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Geedoovu.net pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Geedoovu.net on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Geedoovu.net from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Geedoovu.net pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Geedoovu.net from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Geedoovu.net automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Geedoovu.net that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Geedoovu.net.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Geedoovu.net and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Geedoovu.net on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Geedoovu.net.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Geedoovu.net.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Geedoovu.net from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Geedoovu.net. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Geedoovu.net.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Geedoovu.net.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Geedoovu.net is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.