0addon.com is a domain/website that is blacklisted because it has been observed to engage in a malicious advertising campaign and distribution of various questionable applications. Straightforward visit to the 0addon.com website and sub pages is not possible and the only way to view the contents of this website is through redirections coming from similar malicious websites. Normally, web users will get diverted to 0addon.com when paying a visit to questionable sites particularly those that are engaged in the illegal distribution of copyrighted material, including films, graphics, music files, and software. Once web users arrives at this suspicious destination, they are going to be greeted with prompt, “0addon.com wants to show notifications.”
Permitting push notifications for this dubious site gives it the freedom to transmit a message on the browser which visually seen by the web user as pop-up. The problem is, the people behind 0addon.com will misuse the push notification feature to scatter the relentless advertisements on the browser window, causing annoyances and obstructions to the web user’s browsing session. There are also browser redirects associated with this website that intends to forward the internet program to another malicious destination.
In addition to directing traffic to various suspicious online pages, 0addon.com himself acts as a promotional page that endorses the installation of malware, purporting as useful app. Thus, the site is essentially a complete recipe for a malware contamination. One and probably the best way to prevent it from causing too many problems is to eliminate 0addon.com from the “Authorized” list in the browser configuration. This process is included in the Delete section below. Moreover, computer analysis with anti-virus and anti-malware is recommended to ensure system cleanliness.
Online Security Scanner Report for 0addon.com
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No unsafe content found||Dec. 08, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Not yet tested||Dec. 08, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Medium Security Risk||Dec. 08, 2020|
Technical Data of 0addon.com
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, 0addon.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||126.96.36.199|
Steps to remove 0addon.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website 0addon.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from 0addon.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, 0addon.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop 0addon.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove 0addon.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for 0addon.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside 0addon.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop 0addon.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop 0addon.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for 0addon.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if 0addon.com pop-up is gone.
Remove 0addon.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on 0addon.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if 0addon.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of 0addon.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select 0addon.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If 0addon.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove 0addon.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove 0addon.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like 0addon.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with 0addon.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to 0addon.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of 0addon.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by 0addon.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to 0addon.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove 0addon.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like 0addon.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing 0addon.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including 0addon.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, 0addon.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.