RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143 pop-up is part of a small but malicious program that is integrated into the system to be able to promote computer assistance service. Victims will be prompted to call online technical support via phone number +1 (855) 257-7100 TOLL-FREE. You may get this program by downloading and installing shareware applications or fake software update. By packing RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143 applet into other software, developers are hoping to spread the service fast and easy. Unknown to user, program they have downloaded and installed will somehow corrupt the system by dropping an adware. So far, RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143 is deemed as an adware and not a computer virus.
Codes relevant to RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143 can be loaded into the computer through the help of other malware or potentially unwanted program. Primary goal of the malware is to redirect affected browser to the specified web site or any pages within its domain.
There are also instances that clean computers will get redirected to RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143 if user pays a visit to malicious web page which executes hijacking scripts.
When RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143 is installed, it will pop-up from the system tray at any given time, without the need be executed. This threat may also open as a browser window and disguise as system warning. The adware promotes mainly their “computer online support” service, followed by a series of tools and programs, which it calls essential.
Most of the fake online technical support web site evolves mainly through malware infection. When installed on the computer, it will force the browser to view fake scanner or web page with enclosed bogus alert. In this case the malware will open the browser to RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143.
The threat is not considered a virus that may spread over the computer or to connected network. What RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143 can do is to lie regarding the status of your computer so that you will be forced to obtain services which they are promoting.
The fake warning page contains the following:
Call Microsoft Technical Support Immediately at:
+1 (855) 257-7100 TOLL-FREE
The following data will be compromised if your continue:
2. Browser History
3. Credit Card Information
This virus is well known for complete identity and credit card theft. Further action through this computer or any computer on the network will reveal private information and involve in serious risks.
How can you remove RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143?
To totally remove RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143 from the computer and get rid of relevant adware, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Run AdwCleaner to totally remove RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to RDN/Trojan.worm!055BCC4436143. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.