Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB is a detection for a hazardous computer virus that was designed by hackers with the main objective of blocking user’s access to their files. The virus then attempts to ask user to pay for the corresponding fees in order to recover the encrypted files using a tool that attackers will provide. Most viruses that are identified as Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB is using a sophisticated level of encryption algorithm when locking the files, so it would be impossible for anyone to unlock it without a suitable decryption software.
There are countless of ways for computers to get infected with Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB because attackers are continuously improving the deployment method so that this virus can reach as many victims as it can. Spam emails, web injectors, malicious software installers, social engineering schemes, RDP brute force, and Trojan Downloaders are just some of the factors that helps in the widespread deployment campaign of Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB.
When this virus is executed on the computer, it can carry out a number of malicious actions including the following:
- Communicate to command-and-control server to download extra malware.
- Update the current infection to a much risky threat.
- Collect information from the infected computer.
- Connect to a remote computer to dump collected data.
- Receive commands from a remote server.
- Obtain a unique key that it will apply when encrypting target files.
Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB was made primarily as a virus that will give attackers an opportunity to extort money from victims. So, its purpose was basically to encrypt the files on the computer using a complex method to ensure that users will have no other option but to communicate with attacker if they want to get back the files. Then, attackers will demand to pay the ransom money in exchange for the decryption software and a corresponding private key.
One example of hazardous ransomware that were identified with this signature includes LegalRestore (Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB)
List of Variants
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Ransom:Win64/Snatch.V!MTB||Severe||May 29, 2020|
|Ransom:Win64/Snatch.PVA!MTB||Severe||May 29, 2020|
|Ransom:Win64/Snatch.PA!MTB||Severe||Jun 15, 2020|
|Ransom:Win64/Snatch!MTB||Severe||Jul 13, 2020|
|Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB||Severe||Aug 22, 2020|
|Ransom:Win64/Snatch.X!MTB||Severe||Sep 11, 2020|
|Ransom:Win64/Snatch.PB!MTB||Severe||Sep 28, 2020|
How to remove Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB?
To totally remove Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB Instantly
To instantly remove Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Ransom:Win64/Snatch.A!MTB items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.