Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa is a detection for hazardous type of ransomware with sole objective of locking the entire computer user’s files. The principal distribution technique for Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa is typically via spam email campaign where it is in disguise as legitimate correspondence from reputable organization. Once recipient opens the file attachment, Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa runs the attack and starts to look for important files. Subsequently, the virus encrypts the data with a complex algorithm method.
Email purporting to be originating from reputable organization, which contains subject about Business deals, Product inquiry, Payment report, Invoice, Payment request, and similar are the usual carrier of Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa. The virus is often attached to this email and the message is about enticing recipients into opening the file.
Once user opens the attachment, the virus executes and starts to infect the computer. It drops several files under System folders and inserts registry entry to have an automatic run during Windows start-up.
The virus drops the following files:
Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa proceeds to encryption of common files like documents, spreadsheet, images, photos, videos, and so on. Most of the time, variants from this virus group appends the encrypted files with unknown extension to distinguish that it is already infected.
The entire community of ransomware including those that were identified as Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa have similar objective and that is to deny user’s access to their file. The attackers will make use of this beleaguered situation to extort money from victims. This will serve as payment for the decryption tool and unique keys that are needed to restore back the files to original format.
|Detected by||Microsoft Defender Antivirus|
|Threat Type||Dharma Ransomware, CrySis|
|Applies to||Flyu, Cve, Fresh|
|Similar Detections||Acronis : Suspicious|
Ad-Aware : Trojan.Ransom.Crysis.E
AhnLab-V3 : Trojan/Win32.Crysis.R213980
Antiy-AVL : Trojan/Win32.AGeneric
Arcabit : Trojan.Ransom.Crysis.E
Avast : Win32:RansomX-gen [Ransom] AVG : Win32:RansomX-gen [Ransom] Avira : TR/Dropper.Gen
BitDefender : Trojan.Ransom.Crysis.E
ClamAV : Win.Trojan.Dharma-6668198-0
Comodo : TrojWare.Win32.Crysis.D@6sd9xy
CrowdStrike Falcon : Win/malicious_confidence_100% (D)
Cybereason : Malicious.f8b350
Cylance : Unsafe
Cynet : Malicious (score: 100)
Cyren : W32/Trojan.ILHO-9216
DrWeb : Trojan.Encoder.3953
Emsisoft : Trojan.Ransom.Crysis.E (B)
eScan : Trojan.Ransom.Crysis.E
ESET-NOD32 : A Variant Of Win32/Filecoder.Crysis.P
F-Secure : Trojan.TR/Dropper.Gen
FireEye : Generic.mg.ae29011f8b3506e2
Fortinet : W32/Crysis.W!tr.ransom
GData : Win32.Trojan-Ransom.VirusEncoder.A
Ikarus : Trojan-Ransom.Crysis
Kaspersky : Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Crusis.to
Malwarebytes : Ransom.Crysis
McAfee : Ransom-Dharma!AE29011F8B35
Microsoft : Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa
Panda : Trj/GdSda.A
Sophos AV : Troj/Criakl-G
Symantec : Ransom.Crysis
TrendMicro : Ransom.Win32.CRYSIS.SM
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa?
To totally remove Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa Instantly
To instantly remove Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Ransom:Win32/Wadhrama!hoa items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.