Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi is a detection by Microsoft Defender Antivirus for malicious software that can block computer users from accessing their files. It is using a high-level encryption technique to refuse victims from executing or opening the data. During this period, Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi suggests to pay the ransom demand in exchange for decryption tool that attackers are going to provide after receiving the requested money.
Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi spread tactics includes different approaches that often deceive the target. In most infection cases, it was noted that during the execution of email attachment that Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi was able to gain entry on the computer. Normally, it is in disguise as document or common office file that is attached to phishing email purporting to be from a legitimate business entity. Due to illusive messages, email recipient often tricked to execute the attached file that kicks off the initialization of Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi.
Once operational, this virus proceeds with the objective of locking common files on the computer while excluding those that belong to the virus itself, system files, and selected executable data. Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi applies a hard coded cipher that would be impossible to decrypt without the appropriate tool and unique key. Therefore, some victims were opted to pay the attackers just to restore their precious data.
As soon as Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi enters the computer, it performs various malicious actions including the following:
- Drop a copy of the virus on System folder.
- Create a registry entry to process an automated startup during Windows boot-up.
- Communicate to command-and control server to obtain unique key.
- Wait for the command on when to start the encryption process and apply the key.
- Leave a note informing computer user about the encrypted data and demands ransom money.
- Delete copy of the virus to avoid analysis by malware researchers.
|Threat Type:||Sodinokibi Ransomware, Crypto-Virus|
|Similar Detections:||Ad-Aware : DeepScan:Generic.Ransom.Sodinokibi.E89A3070|
Avast : Win32:Malware-gen
Avira : TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen
BitDefender : DeepScan:Generic.Ransom.Sodinokibi.E89A3070
ClamAV : Win.Ransomware.Sodinokibi-7013612-0
DrWeb : Trojan.Encoder.30497
ESET-NOD32 : A Variant Of Win32/Filecoder.Sodinokibi.B
F-Secure : Trojan.TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen
Ikarus : Trojan-Ransom.Sodinokibi
Kaspersky : HEUR:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Gen.gen
Malwarebytes : Ransom.Sodinokibi
McAfee : GenericRXLV-XI!82A9F68A9E54
Microsoft : Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi.DSB!MTB
Panda : Trj/GdSda.A
Sophos : Generic ML PUA (PUA)
Symantec : Ransom.Sodinokibi
TrendMicro : Ransom.Win32.SODINOKIB.SMTH
ZoneAlarm : HEUR:Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Gen.gen
For complete details including full detection list, hash file, file names, and technical behavior (registry actions, shell commands, and processes) of Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi ransomware, please refer to this VirusTotal page.
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi?
To totally remove Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi Instantly
To instantly remove Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.