Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB pertains to a highly dangerous computer threat that was designed to block users from accessing their files. As a result, they have to pay the ransom demand in order to regain access to the files, which was encrypted by a sophisticated method. That is actually the intention of Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB, to force victims into paying the ransom demand in exchange for decryption tool that is required in restoring the encrypted data back to original format.
Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB spreads in the same manner as common computer viruses. Though, spam emails is observed as the primary channel that attackers are using to send out thousands of virus copies daily. Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB approaches the computer as a suspicious email letter masquerading to be coming from legitimate company. Once recipient open the attached file, Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB starts the attack sequence. It begins by dropping the virus code and then, communicates to a command-and-control server to received instructions.
Once Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB have obtained the key and instructions from attackers, it begins to encrypt the files. Frequently, Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB appends a string of suffix to the encrypted data. It also leaves a notice that is often in text, html, or desktop wallpaper.
As soon as Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB enter the target computer, it drops a copy of itself on System folder. Then, it creates a registry entry to automate the loading of the virus on each Windows start-up. On the occasion that Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB is active, it begins to perform various malicious actions including the file encryption, which is the primary objective of this virus.
|Threat Type:||Phobos Ransomware, Crypto-Virus|
|Similar Detections:||AhnLab-V3 : Trojan/Win32.RansomCrypt.C4196467|
ALYac : Generic.Ransom.Conti.57C16005
SecureAge APEX : Malicious
Arcabit : Generic.Ransom.Conti.57C16005
Avast : Win32:Malware-gen
Bkav : W32.AIDetectVM.malware1
CrowdStrike Falcon : Win/malicious_confidence_80% (D)
Cylance : Unsafe
Cynet : Malicious (score: 85)
DrWeb : Trojan.Encoder.32708
eGambit : Unsafe.AI_Score_98%
Elastic : Malicious (high Confidence)
Emsisoft : Generic.Ransom.Conti.57C16005 (B)
eScan : Generic.Ransom.Conti.57C16005
ESET-NOD32 : A Variant Of Win32/Filecoder.Conti.F
F-Secure : Heuristic.HEUR/AGEN.1103459
FireEye : Generic.mg.9e44305c3e6f66db
Fortinet : W32/Filecoder.NYJ!tr.ransom
GData : Generic.Ransom.Conti.57C16005
Jiangmin : Trojan.Encoder.yz
K7AntiVirus : Riskware ( 0040eff71 )
Kaspersky : Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Encoder.kbq
Malwarebytes : Ransom.FileCryptor
MAX : Malware (ai Score=80)
MaxSecure : Trojan.Malware.106607411.susgen
McAfee : Ransom-Conti!9E44305C3E6F
NANO-Antivirus : Virus.Win32.Gen.ccmw
Rising : Trojan.Generic@ML.90 (RDML:IA+VcMT1jUlY0zfBylkm5g)
SentinelOne : DFI – Suspicious PE
Sophos ML : Generic ML PUA (PUA)
TrendMicro-HouseCall : Ransom.Win32.CONTI.SMW
VBA32 : BScope.Trojan.Mansabo
Yandex : Trojan.Filecoder!hlxlNL62XGs
ZoneAlarm : Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Encoder.kbq
How to remove Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB?
To totally remove Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB Instantly
To instantly remove Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Ransom:Win32/NetWalker!MTB items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.