Ransom:Win32/Basta!MTB is a detection for a very hazardous computer virus that is able to deny the user’s access to their own files. This threat can be detected and removed by security application called Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Other efficient security software is also capable of identifying this virus, but it may present a different name or alias.
This threat pertains to a computer virus that hackers are using to extort money from the victims. As soon as Ransom:Win32/Basta!MTB infects the computer, it is going to encrypt targeted files using a sophisticated technique. Then, it demands payment from the victim in order for them to gain access to a decryption software or key.
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Basta!MTB?
Although the inflicted damage to the files are not reversible most of the time, computer security experts are suggesting to remove Ransom:Win32/Basta!MTB from the system to prevent it from affecting newer files. Thorough virus scanning is suggested using the following tools:
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect Ransom:Win32/Basta!MTB or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing Ransom:Win32/Basta!MTB will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that Ransom:Win32/Basta!MTB is completely eliminated.
For more help
Ransom:Win32/Basta!MTB emerges from a group of hazardous ransomware and there are so many variations of it. We have a compilation of Ransomware that you can browse if specific removal procedure is needed.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Ransom:Win32/Basta.AB!MTB||Severe||Nov. 9, 2022|