Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A is a detection name that may pop-up from Microsoft Security Software when it detects a threat with ransomware characteristics. In other terms, this threat is called ransomware virus. It barred your access to computer or files and displays a page of warning messages and ransom notes. To regain your access, Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A will prompt for ransom money using various online payment schemes.
This threat normally comes from trojan infection. Malicious files downloaded from unsafe network-sharing application can also lead to Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A infection. Beware of clicking links from suspicious email messages and messenger program as it may also cause the malware to invade your PC.
While Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A is on the system, it will block your access to the computer or files. It will exhibit a message why it locks the computer and will advise you to pay ransom money. You must understand that this is just a mere tactics of Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A in order to steal money from its victims.
The warning message it projects are usually download from a remote servers which was put up by malware authors.
It will require you to pay through online payment scheme like MoneyGram, Ukash, and MoneyPak. Some variants of Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A is also using Bitcoin to process the transaction.
As mentioned, the first sign you may notice is the warning message that blocks your access to the computer or files. If ever Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A has not fully installed, Microsoft Security Software will keep on showing alerts about several attempts of virus trying to penetrate the computer.
Rogue: JS/TechBrolo.A will issue fake technical support page containing the following messages:
Your computer has been blocked!
Error # 268E3
Please call us immediately. Please do not ignore this security alert. If you close this page, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network…
How can you remove Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A?
To totally remove Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A from the computer and get rid of relevant viruses, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Windows 8 /10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built to help you remove Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A.
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Ransom:JS/TechBrolo.A or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Double Check with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.