Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR is a hazardous computer virus. It is a malicious script that is injected to a variety of HTML objects. So, computer users may acquire the virus via the hazardous script that is embedded on different websites. There are also cases that the virus is executed from a link that is integrated on spam email messages. Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR downloads malware on the computer that deliberately aimed at encrypting majority of user’s files. Then, it request payment from the victims in order to regain access to infected files. Eliminating Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR as soon as it is identified by Windows Defender is recommended to avoid further harm.
This specific type of virus may not propagate as compare to other threat that has the same malevolent intention. Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR is a script that is usually hidden on Html files or pages that commonly exists on suspicious websites. In the same manner, it can infect the same type of files on the corrupted computer.
If computer is already infected with Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR, it will have an open communication to a hacker controlled servers and download additional modules the execute a much hazardous infection like dropping of ransomware. If that happens, majority of computer user’s files will be encrypted with a complex algorithm, making it unusable.
Files that are affected by Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR should be left untouched until proper decryption tool is released by malware researchers. Any untoward modification to encrypted files can cause permanent damage.
Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR belongs to a group of crypto virus that commits hideous attack on the computer. The objective of hackers behind this virus is to extort money from victims and to do that, it will accomplish the following attack sequence.
- Infects the computer through browser redirects or malicious links from spam emails.
- Drops a copy of itself on the computer.
- Hides its presence by concealing its process on legitimate Windows items.
- Search the drive for target files and infected them with complex algorithm.
- Demands payment from victims in exchange for decryption tool and unique key.
How to remove Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR?
To totally remove Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR Instantly
To instantly remove Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Ransom:HTML/MalScript.SBR items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.