The program QuickTuneComputer by QuickTune Computer, Inc. may have several files, including executable ones, that may be deemed suspicious. If this file is on the computer, it just indicates that the program has been installed and is currently running on the system.
The file QuickTuneComputer.exe is in executable format. The file can be run immediately at Windows startup with registry entries and other scripts that request its execution. Please keep in mind that rogue cybercriminals can change executable files of the QuickTuneComputer type, post them to various file sites, and pose as legitimate applications.
|This file may camouflage itself as a legitimate component of the Windows system. It often infiltrates computers through pirated applications, serial key generators, and fraudulent software updates.
|%WinDir% – This is a Windows installation folder.
|This file is run automatically through the Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or Windows Registry commands.
In the case that QuickTuneComputer.exe is identified as malicious by a security program like anti-virus and anti-malware, there is a possibility that it was not derived from a clean or official provider. Therefore, the removal of QuickTuneComputer.exe is recommended to stop it from causing harmful actions on the computer.
Removing QuickTuneComputer.exe from the computer is not a straightforward process where users just need to locate the file and execute a “Delete” command. You must first run some tests to confirm that it actually belongs to a virus or malware. Please read the rest of the procedures to begin dealing with QuickTuneComputer.exe in the appropriate manner.
How to remove QuickTuneComputer.exe
The procedures below consist of three methods. Executing the first method is recommended because there are instances where the removal of QuickTuneComputer.exe can be carried out by simply running the virus scan, which will locate and automatically delete QuickTuneComputer.exe. Proceed to the succeeding guide if the first step is unable to remove QuickTuneComputer.exe effectively.
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect QuickTuneComputer.exe or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing QuickTuneComputer.exe will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that QuickTuneComputer.exe is completely eliminated.
Manually deleting QuickTuneComputer.exe
If virus scans found that QuickTuneComputer.exe is a malicious file and you were not able to delete it completely, a manual removal is suggested for a complete computer cleanup. Please follow these procedures.
Using Add/Remove Program of Windows
1. On your keyboard, please press Windows Key + R button.
2. The Run dialog box will appear; please type appwiz.cpl.
3. Programs and Features window will open. Look for the program that is associated with QuickTuneComputer.exe.
4. Select the program, and then click the Uninstall button to remove it from the computer.
Using Task Manager
1. On your keyboard, please press Ctrl + Alt + Del.
2. Once the Task Manager window is open, look for QuickTuneComputer.exe in the Processes tab and click on the End Task or End Process button.
3. Next, go to the Startup tab and look for the QuickTuneComputer.exe entry.
4. Right-click on the QuickTuneComputer.exe from the list, and then click the Disable button.
5. On the same window, right-click on the same item and click Properties from the drop-down list.
6. Under the General tab, take note of the location of the QuickTuneComputer.exe.
7. Using Windows Explorer or File Explorer, navigate to the location and delete the file.
If deleting is impossible, please restart the computer in Safe Mode, and execute the removal from there.
Executing the procedures requires the alteration or deletion of files, folders, and Windows registries. If you are not comfortable or do not have adequate knowledge to perform such a task, we highly suggest contacting an expert in this field. Accidental deletions or changes to vital files may result in system crashes and render the computer inoperable. Malwarefixes.com will not be held responsible if changes applied to the computer result in system failure.