A number of computer viruses were made to attack the system and steal confidential data from it. One virus that can carry out this illicit task is called PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn. Fortunately, Microsoft Defender Antivirus can detect and delete this virus from the infected computer. Please remember that PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn is a name given by the specific virus scanner. Other security applications are also capable of detecting the threat, hence, they may apply a different naming pattern.
PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn is a detection for a dangerous Trojan or virus that steals valuable information from the infected computer. This type of threat is able to log keystrokes, clicks, and other inputs. In addition, PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn monitors the computer to steal valuable information including username, password, network information, system setup, and many others.
How to remove PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn?
It is very important to immediately get rid of this virus to prevent exposing crucial data to the hackers. To remove PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn, thoroughly scan the computer with the following effective tools:
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that PWS:MSIL/DarkStealer!atmn is completely eliminated.
For more help
A comprehensive list of PWS Trojan is available on this website. Helpful guides and removal tools are available for specific variant of the threat.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.