When Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender pop-ups a warning about the detection of PUA:Win32/PcMechanic, it means that computer is infected with a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Normally, this is detection for a rogue program titled PC Mechanic. However, the security application may also sends an alert about PUA:Win32/PcMechanic infction if it identifies a program that has similar characteristics.
PUA:Win32/PcMechanic sneaks onto the computer via misleading techniques. Most of the infection cases are with user’s initiative and installation is voluntary after they were tricked by a pop-up ads. In order to deceive users, malicious ads normally pop-ups on the computer masquerading as system alert that detects numerous issues. Then, it advises to download the tool and this gives way for the rogue application to penetrate the computer. On other instances, the pop-up is purporting as online scanner. As usual, it identifies non-existent threat to persuade users to download a counterfeit software leading to the infection of PUA:Win32/PcMechanic.
Files identified as PUA:Win32/PcMechanic is also embedded on different freeware, shareware, cracked programs, and serial key generators. Executing any of these virus carriers commonly yields to PUA:Win32/PcMechanic contamination. Therefore, staying away from these malicious sites and programs is one effective way to prevent the rogue tool.
Once PUA:Win32/PcMechanic program is installed on the computer, it keeps on producing alerts and warnings showing various issues and troubles detected during the scan. The recommendation to fix it with full urgency persistently appears on the screen. Obviously, PUA:Win32/PcMechanic is influencing computer user to obtain the full version, which requires payment.
As you can see, the motive of any program that is detected as PUA:Win32/PcMechanic is solely to swindle money from victims. Most of the identified troubles on the computer are non-existent and these scare tactics meant to compel computer users into purchasing the rogue application.
How to remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic?
To totally remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic Instantly
To instantly remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, PUA:Win32/PcMechanic should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with PUA:Win32/PcMechanic. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of PUA:Win32/PcMechanic. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing PUA:Win32/PcMechanic effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting PUA:Win32/PcMechanic items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.