PUA:Win32/Aloneguid is a detection for malicious program that operates in the computer and aims of controlling the internet browser application as well as the system. This detection by Microsoft Defender Antivirus covers stand-alone program and browser extension that normally gets installed on the computer without taking the permission from users.
PUA:Win32/Aloneguid normally arrives on the computer uninvited. It is usually embedded to malicious freeware or shareware. Once active on the computer, this virus can perform different actions that can could annoy the user. Most of the time, it displays pop-up ads and redirects when it senses that the web user is browsing the internet.
How to remove PUA:Win32/Aloneguid?
The existence of this unwanted program could be the basis for additional computer infection. Therefore, immediate removal is suggested. Bear in mind that neglecting this kind of attack is highly discouraged due to different hazardous effects that it may cause. You may scan the computer with the following legitimate security applications:
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect PUA:Win32/Aloneguid or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing PUA:Win32/Aloneguid will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that PUA:Win32/Aloneguid is completely eliminated.
For more help
PUA:Win32/Aloneguid is included in the family of unwanted programs. To see more threats that belongs to this group, you may visit the PUA list of malware.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.