PC Solutions email scam purportedly charged the recipient’s credit card or bank account with fees for the renewal of their security software subscription. This technique aims to lure the victims to call a supposed helpline number in order for them to cancel the account and process the refund. Once connected, the cyber criminals are going to ask the victim to download a remote access program. The people behind PC Solutions asserts that they need access to the computer to be able to extract some information and remotely removed the renewed application.
The PC Solutions scam team is suggesting to download the legitimate app called TeamViewer. This app is an all-in-one solution for remote support, remote access, and online meetings. It is utilized by some organizations to assist customers through the remote access feature. Unfortunately, Scammers behind PC Solutions are taking advantage of the TeamViewer application to gain access on victims computer and control it from a remote location.
When PC Solutions scammers gained access to the computer, they pretend to perform cleanup and remote services. Next to that, victims will be prompted to submit banking information that supposedly required to process the refund. Unknown to victims, the email and corresponding charges are bogus. The actual charges will occur once the computer user executes the form provided by PC Solutions and agrees to submit the requested bank information.
Scam emails by PC Solutions
Below are just some typical email messages that PC Solutions are spreading recently. It may arrive on the inbox of random email users as the attackers are using mass-mailing techniques.
“Greetings from PC Solutions LLC.
It is to inform you that your McAfee service has been auto-renewed for a period of 5 years. The deduction of $587.99 will reflect in your account within 48 hours. Thank you for your payment. We strive to serve you better.”
Aside from disguising as McAfee partners, they also pretend to be associated with Norton, Web Root, and Win-Def (Windows Defender).
“Thank You for your payment. Your account has been debited with $499.29 for the auto renewable plan of your Norton family. The charges might reflect within a few moments to 24 hours. For any query or assistance please reach out to us @ +1 (209) 600-4956.
PC Solutions LLC
3856 Raleigh Street 2nd Lane
We are an associate of the Geek Squad.
In addition, we are compensating you for this inconvenience cost, offering you an Amazon gift card with a balance of $89.99, which you can use for online shopping.
You are important:
In case of any dispute or query or to cancel the subscription please reach out to our support team @ toll free +1 (702) 509-6386. and get a full refund. Please note you have 24 hours to report a dispute.
The false deduction or charges made to the victim’s credit card may range from $200 to as high as $587.
“Greetings from PC Solutions.
Hello (email address)
This is to inform you that your Norton service has been auto-renewed for a period of 5 years. The deduction of $587.99 will reflect in your account within 48 hours. Thank you for your payment. We strive to serve you better.
We are an association of the Norton group and the Geek Squad corporations.
We value you:
For any query or support or to cancel the subscription and report a dispute please call us @ Toll Free +1-877-399-1264
Also, in case of any proven dispute, you may have your full refund settled with us. And if you are not able to reach out please do not worry we will call you back as soon as possible. Please wait for us so that we can serve our motto by serving you.”
PC Solutions LLC
How to remove PC Solutions?
To totally remove PC Solutions from the computer and get rid of relevant viruses and trojans, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scanned the system with the suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
To remove PC Solutions from the computer, follow the guide below:
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of hazardous viruses like PC Solutions through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like PC Solutions, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete the PC Solutions virus, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the virus and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 / 11 Guide
1. Click on the Windows logo and select the Power icon when options pop up.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing the Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear. Select the Troubleshoot button.
4. In next window, please choose the Advanced Option.
5. On the Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings, and then, click the Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boots in Startup Settings, press the function key F5 or number 5 on the keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click the Windows Start icon in the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open the Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup, and then click on the Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in the Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings, and then click the Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2 : Run a virus scanner
To remove PC Solutions, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful virus removal tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against PC Solutions or similar attacks, you can activate Sophos to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On the first window of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. An internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove viruses like PC Solutions.
6. Click the Start Scanning button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for the presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to PC Solutions and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
After executing the above instructions, PC Solutions should have been completely removed from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or the computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Step 3 : Double Check with Windows Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has a built-in security application that you can use to double-check if your computer is still infected with PC Solutions. For Windows 8 and 10/11 users, please run Windows Security. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove the PC Solutions virus.
Windows 8 / 10 / 11 Instructions:
Windows Security is a free tool that was built to help you remove PC Solutions, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10/11 systems. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with the tool:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for Windows Security, and then open the application.
2. On the Home tab, click Virus and threat protection from the sidebar.
3. On the main window, click on Scan Options. Then, click on Full Scan button.
4. Lastly, click on the Scan now button to start scanning for the presence of PC Solutions. The process may take a while to complete.
5. After the scan, Delete/Quarantine identified threats, whether they were relevant to PC Solutions or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
How to protect the computer from PC Solutions?
The initial defense that comes to mind for any computer user is to install an anti-virus or anti-malware program. This move is sensible and probably the most practical way to protect the computer against a PC Solutions attack. Hence, keep in mind that having security software does not guarantee full protection. The majority of the prevention still lies in being cautious of users, and therefore, we are providing the following information as guidelines to protect the computer from virus infection.
Avoid Malicious Websites
There are enormous numbers of websites that were made for the primary purpose of spreading PC Solutions. Normally, these sites are involved in integrating malicious pop-up and browser hijacker, that will eventually cause further virus infections. Avoid such websites.
Ignore and Delete Phishing Emails
The mass-mailing of computer viruses gives the attackers the luxury of spreading their malicious code in just one send-off. This will arrive in the inbox as an email that appears to be from a legitimate organization. So, if you receive an unexpected email with a link or an attached file, better delete it immediately.
Do Not Click a Suspicious Link
Links from social media, forums, and blog sites are sometimes being utilized by attackers to drive web users to a malicious page that contains malicious code. Therefore, do not just click on any link, especially if it looks suspicious. Accidental access to the destination site may lead to a PC Solutions infection.
Be Careful When Downloading Files
Cracked software, serial key generators, and several freeware are seen as another method that spreads the PC Solutions virus. Avoid acquiring these types of applications, and if there is a need to download freeware or shareware, be sure to obtain it from the official website or trusted providers.