MediaVNCAPI.exe is a malicious file that is believed to be part of a coin miner Trojan infection. This file commonly enters the computer in various deceptive methods. Once executed, it is going to make a copy of itself and run another version of the file called Runtime Broker.exe.
MediaVNCAPI.exe virus infection
Computer users may acquire MediaVNCAPI.exe virus via spam email messages that are in disguise as legitimate correspondence. It cleverly pretends from known company or organization to deceive the recipient. Once the attached file is executed, MediaVNCAPI.exe virus is placed on the computer, particularly in the System folder of Windows.
Aside from spam emails, there is an observation that hackers spread MediaVNCAPI.exe virus via malicious site, fake software updates, and social engineering attacks. An infection from a separate Trojan Downloader is also seen as another root for the MediaVNCAPI.exe contamination.
Some antivirus application may detect and remove the threat from the computer. Unfortunately some security applications may eliminate the malicious file but certain relevant strings are left on the computer. For example, the incorporated start-up code is left on Windows OS and this could cause the system to issue the following message:
MediaVNCAPI.exe – This application could not be started.
Do you want to view information about this issue?
|Relevant files||Fake BTC Transaction 2.2.1.exe, Runtime Broker.exe|
|Relevant process||MediaVNCAPI.exe via Task Scheduler|
How to remove MediaVNCAPI.exe virus?
To totally remove MediaVNCAPI.exe from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove MediaVNCAPI.exe Instantly
To instantly remove MediaVNCAPI.exe, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful virus removal tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against MediaVNCAPI.exe or similar attack, you can activate Sophos to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove virus like MediaVNCAPI.exe.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to MediaVNCAPI.exe and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
After executing the above instructions, MediaVNCAPI.exe should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 : Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with MediaVNCAPI.exe. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove MediaVNCAPI.exe virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove MediaVNCAPI.exe, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove MediaVNCAPI.exe
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of MediaVNCAPI.exe. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to MediaVNCAPI.exe or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing MediaVNCAPI.exe effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting MediaVNCAPI.exe items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Option : Manually remove MediaVNCAPI.exe file
1. Open Startup items by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del on the keyboard.
2. Click on Task Manager.
3. Next, go to Startup tab of the Task Manager.
4. Look for MediaVNCAPI.exe or relevant items.
5. Highlight/select the file and press right-click on your mouse. Select the following:
Disable – click this to disable the file.
Open file location – to see the its containing folder.
6. Go the file location and Delete MediaVNCAPI.exe. If there is an error, you may need to restart the computer before proceeding with this step.On older versions of Windows, please press Windows Logo + R on the keyboard and type msconfig in the Open dialog box to access the startup items.