Mac.Backdoor.Iworm is detection by Symantec products for Trojans that has sole intention of gaining remote access on the compromised computer. To complete this, this threat will make certain changes on the system. It also opens a backdoor by modifying registry and firewall settings. Mac.Backdoor.Iworm was also built to steal sensitive data from the infected computer. Collected data are stored on predefined section of the hard drive and was configured to be sent to remove attacker at a given time.
Normally, malicious code of Mac.Backdoor.Iworm is embedded on attached file to spam email messages. Opening it runs the malware without getting user’s attention. Another means utilized by malware authors to spread Mac.Backdoor.Iworm are malicious links from blog site’s comment area, social networking sites, and cracked programs. Virus infection can also lead to this attack, particularly downloader trojan.
Once Mac.Backdoor.Iworm is run on the computer, it will modify set of files. Furthermore, it will drop additional files that are likely malicious. Registry entries are also created to run the trojan each time Windows starts.
During the presence of Mac.Backdoor.Iworm, anti-virus programs and other security-related software may be disabled. The threat normally ends running processes that are relevant to anti-virus, firewall, and other computer protection program.
Mac.Backdoor.Iworm occasionally connects to a remote server using HTTP or FTP ports to upload information gathered from the system.
Alerts from Symantec security products are one sign that will surface during the presence of Mac.Backdoor.Iworm.
How to remove Mac.Backdoor.Iworm from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Mac.Backdoor.Iworm. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Mac.Backdoor.Iworm.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Mac.Backdoor.Iworm.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Mac.Backdoor.Iworm is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.