JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] is a potentially unwanted program that can be detected by Avast security product. This threat may download and install other threats when run into the computer. This detection process means to isolate malicious files and entities that are linked to malware or PUP. Potentially Unwanted Programs are software that aims to carry out changes on the computer or browser without user’s knowledge. In the issue of JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj], it will attempt to install other adware, toolbars, browser redirect, and hijack the home page of affected browser.
Packed with freeware or shareware, JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] spreads naturally and swiftly to computers. Authors behind this program normally bundles the adware so that user may install it unknowingly into the PC. Other known method to deploy JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] are via online promotions, social media sites, and fake software update web pages.
If JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] is executed on the computer, it will perform changes on known browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. The threat usually adds extension, add-on, or plug-in. It is also common for this type of threat to get install as browser helper object. Default search, home page, and unknown toolbar may also originate from JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] infection.
Aside from mentioned changes on the PC, JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] also installs files and folders. It can also make registry changes to load itself during Windows start-up.
How can you remove JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj]?
To totally remove JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] from the computer and get rid of relevant adware, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Norton Power Eraser
1. Download Norton Power Eraser from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file NPE.EXE to run the program.
3. You will be prompted with End User License Agreement. Please click on Accept to continue.
4. Norton Power Eraser will check for the most recent version. Then, the main window will appear. Click on Scan for Risks to the scan and removal process for JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj].
5. By default, Norton Power Eraser was configured to perform rootkit scan. This is essential to get rid of JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] or other relevant malware. To accomplish this, you will need to restart the computer. Please click Restart button.
6. After restarting Windows, the program will check for possible database update and then, proceeds with the scan. It may take a while, please wait for the scan process to complete.
7. Once scanning is done, Norton Power Eraser will display a list of threats including JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj]. Review identified threats and remove/repair them from the PC by clicking on Fix Now button.
8. If you are prompted to restart the computer in order to complete the virus removal process, please click on Restart Now.
Step 2 : Scan and remove JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] with Microsoft Security Software
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj], viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj]
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj]. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to JS:Redirector-BXI [Trj] or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.