Onstunkyr.com is a questionable web address that is in control of cyber scammers. These online menaces are using this web for spreading various malicious software like rogue security apps, fake software update, or counterfeit optimization tools. In addition, the ads on Onstunkyr.com web pages may redirect the web users browser program to another suspicious website that may further infect the computer with additional adware, malware, or virus.
During the first visit to Onstunkyr.com, users will witness an alert message asking them to click on the “ALLOW” button to take delivery of notices and messages from this URL. While legitimate website utilizes this browser function to transmit alerts and informative messages, those behind the malicious Onstunkyr.com domain will misuse push notification to deliver pop-up ads to the browser window. In addition to the usual “Onstunkyr.com wants to show notifications” message, the web user can see alternative pop-up alert, including the following:
- Click on Allow button to proceed.
- To continue downloading, please click Allow.
- Click Allow to continue browsing the site.
- To close this page, click Allow button.
- Please click Allow to watch the video.
It is clear that the various messages are attempting to mislead users to allow the questionable site to send push notifications over the Internet program. On the instances that online user allows this to happen, the Onstunkyr.com website will start bombarding the browser window with numerous and relentless pop-up ads, fake survey, Forex tutorials, bitcoin investment, VPN services, you name it. There will be tons of annoying ads that Onstunkyr.com is going to display.
Of course, the only way to prevent Onstunkyr.com from sending such aggressive announcements is to remove said URL from the browser configuration. Apart from that, we also recommend to scan the computer with virus and malware removal tools to remove all malicious items from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for Onstunkyr.com
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No unsafe content found||Dec. 11, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Safe||Dec. 11, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Medium Security Risk||Dec. 11, 2020|
[expand title=”Technical Data of Onstunkyr.com”]
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Onstunkyr.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||188.8.131.52|
|Other malicious sites on the same server||onmarshtompor.com|
Steps to remove Onstunkyr.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Onstunkyr.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Onstunkyr.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Onstunkyr.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Onstunkyr.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Onstunkyr.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Onstunkyr.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Onstunkyr.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Onstunkyr.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Onstunkyr.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Onstunkyr.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Onstunkyr.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Onstunkyr.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Onstunkyr.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Onstunkyr.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Onstunkyr.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Onstunkyr.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Onstunkyr.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Onstunkyr.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Onstunkyr.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Onstunkyr.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Onstunkyr.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Onstunkyr.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Onstunkyr.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Onstunkyr.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Onstunkyr.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Onstunkyr.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Onstunkyr.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Onstunkyr.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Onstunkyr.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Onstunkyr.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.