Infopicked.com is a devious website that is presently being utilized to spread a number of questionable applications including fake anti-virus, bogus system optimization tool, and fake software update. That being said, if Infopicked.com is exhibiting its pop-up ads on the browser, the chance of acquiring the said unwanted applications are very likely. So, to avoid such untoward event, computer users must stop the ads from showing.
Why are you seeing Infopicked.com?
Pop-ups from Infopicked.com can appear on the browser if its request to display push notification was granted by web users. It seeks for the authorization to send push notification message but when permitted, the actors behind Infopicked.com will exploit the said feature to feed the browser window with annoying pop-up ads. This is one reason why web users are continually witnessing pop-up ads from the suspicious website.
Adware that is installed on the computer is observed as another root for the appearance of Infopicked.com. The adware is a known browser modifier that can carry out various unnecessary changes to set off browser pop-ups. Aside from that, adware could also cause browser redirects to forward the browser pages to different malicious sites.
Stopping Infopicked.com pop-up
If the pop-up is caused by the unwanted browser configuration where Infopicked.com is listed under the authorized sites that are free to use the notification feature, simply deleting the URL is sufficient to stop annoyances. Hence, if the pop-up persists, it could be that the existence of adware has anything to do with it. To resolve this, we have put up a simple guide below to stop Infopicked.com pop-ups from both PC and Mac systems.
Online Security Scanner Report for Infopicked.com
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No unsafe content found||Dec. 14, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Safe||Dec. 14, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Medium Security Risk||Dec. 14, 2020|
Technical Data of Infopicked.com
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Infopicked.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||188.8.131.52|
|Other malicious sites on the same server||clksite.com|
Steps to remove Infopicked.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Infopicked.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Infopicked.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Infopicked.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Infopicked.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Infopicked.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Infopicked.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Infopicked.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Infopicked.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Infopicked.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Infopicked.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Infopicked.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Infopicked.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Infopicked.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Infopicked.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Infopicked.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Infopicked.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Infopicked.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Infopicked.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Infopicked.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Infopicked.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Infopicked.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Infopicked.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Infopicked.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Infopicked.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Infopicked.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Infopicked.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Infopicked.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Infopicked.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Infopicked.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Infopicked.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.