Seeing pop-up from Hectorys.online is a sign of impending virus or malware infection. Bear in mind that this website is known for distributing harmful installers like bogus anti-virus, fake system optimizer, or deceitful software update. The promotion for these kinds of malicious applications will persistently show up on the browser window as pop-up while utilizing the push notification feature.
Push notification is a feature built-in to the internet browser programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Edge. It functions as a message window that can be utilized by the permitted website to send messages, updates, or any relevant information directly to the browser. This is the reason why you are seeing messages that the visited site wants to send notifications.
Approving it will give the site full access to the said feature. Unfortunately, malicious sites like Hectorys.online is requesting the same permission. Hence, the intention is malicious and could cause annoyances on the part of web users.
Hectorys.online and a bunch of similar websites are using misleading tactic to obtain the authorization from web users to be able to access the push notification of the internet browser program. Aside from showing the traditional pop-up “Hectorys.online wants to show notifications,” it can also display alternative misleading messages such as the following:
- Please click Allow to browse the website.
- To watch the video, click on Allow button.
- To close this page, please click Allow.
- Click on Allow to download the file.
- Click Allow to close this window.
Obviously, the messages are persuading web users to access the click-bait in order to open the push notification access. Once approved, Hectorys.online will exploit the said feature to flood the browser window with relentless display of pop-up ads holding harmful contents.
Technical Data of Hectorys.online
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Hectorys.online will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||22.214.171.124|
|Other malicious sites on the same server||butlachanna.info|
Steps to remove Hectorys.online pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Hectorys.online. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Hectorys.online are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Hectorys.online pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Hectorys.online from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Hectorys.online from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Hectorys.online.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Hectorys.online list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Hectorys.online from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Hectorys.online on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Hectorys.online entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Hectorys.online pop-up is gone.
Remove Hectorys.online from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Hectorys.online.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Hectorys.online pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Hectorys.online on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Hectorys.online from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Hectorys.online pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Hectorys.online from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Malware Removal Tool
To remove Hectorys.online automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful malware and virus removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Hectorys.online.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Hectorys.online.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Hectorys.online and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Hectorys.online browser redirect. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding steps below.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Hectorys.online on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Hectorys.online.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Hectorys.online.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Hectorys.online from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Hectorys.online. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Hectorys.online.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Hectorys.online.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Hectorys.online is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.