A number of computer threats are capable of changing the settings in the internet browser application even without the intervention of the user. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware normally identifies this threat as BrowserModifier. Other security applications may detect it also, but the name may be different from our subject.
Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST is a name given to a malicious application that changes the internet browser settings to favor its malicious operation. For example, it can hijack the homepage, assign a different search engine, or display aggressive advertisements on the browser. This kind of threat usually leads to added infection and therefore, immediate removal is recommended.
How to remove Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST?
If antivirus application senses the presence of this threat, it is vital to run a full scan to locate and eliminate the threat. The following tools are effective for this kind of browser threat.
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
The free version of this program is sufficient in scanning the computer and removing Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST, as well as other threats that are harmful to the system.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST is completely eliminated.
For more help
Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST have many variants, which was made to aggressively attack the internet browser application. A list of BrowserModifier is provided along with removal procedures.
You may also submit a comment below to start a discussion about Hijack.AutoConfigURL.PrxySvrRST. Our technical experts as well as members of the computer security community might be able to answer and help solve the problem.