What is Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha?
Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha is a computer infection that will modify internet browser settings and reduce its security features. Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha also modifies registry entries of the infected computer that disables proxies used by Internet browser. It may also monitor and steal users credential to certain online banking and financial web sites.
When Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha is executed, it will drop the following file on the computer.
The Trojan will conceal its presence once inside the computer. It will inject malicious code on legitimate Windows OS process that will increase file size to additional 256 bytes of data.
Then, the Trojan will make changes to system registry that will relocate the data for Internet browser’s cache file, cookies and history. It also targets the proxy settings. Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha will alter the proxy server by modifying the following registry entry:
HKEY_USERS\.default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\”ProxyEnable” = “0”
Other changes on the registry may lead to the force use of Internet Explorer. It will open Internet Explorer web browser when users try to execute any of these applications:
- Google Chrome
- Netscape Navigator
Finally, the Trojan will connect to a remote web site to receive additional command from an attacker and download additional malware in order to perform additional tasks as follows:
- Download and execute more harmful files from specified location.
- Block Internet access and redirect search result to unknown web sites.
- Redirect predefined URL to other web sites.
- Embed snippets to online banking web sites to steal sensitive information.
- Download configuration files and update itself.
- Receive commands from a remote attacker using HTTP request.
Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha may arrive on the computer as an attached file to spam email messages. Other malware found related to this Trojan also drops and install the harmful code by exploiting Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) in the system. Additionally, malicious web sites that employs drop-by-download method is used to spread Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha.
|Version Name||Alert Level||Date Added|
|Exploit:Win32/CVE-2020-1472!MSR||Severe||Sep 30, 2020|
|Exploit:Win32/CVE-2020-1472!MTB||Severe||Oct 01, 2020|
|Exploit:Python/CVE-2020-1472.KSH!rfn||Severe||Nov 18, 2020|
|Exploit:Win32/CVE-2020-1472.A!ibt||Severe||Feb 11, 2021|
How to remove Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha?
To totally remove Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of hazardous virus like Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha virus including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the virus and malicious items linked with it.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 : Run a virus scanner
To remove Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful virus removal tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha or similar attack, you can activate Sophos to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove virus like Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
After executing the above instructions, Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
How to protect the computer from Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha?
The initial defense that comes to the mind of any computer users is to install an anti-virus or anti-malware program. This move is sensible and probably the most practical way to protect the computer against Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha attack. Hence, keep in mind that having a security software do not give full guarantee of protection. The most part of the prevention still lies on being cautious of users and therefore we are providing the following information as guidelines to protect the computer from virus infection.
Avoid Malicious Websites
There are enormous numbers of websites that was made for the primary purpose of spreading Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha. Normally, these sites are involved in integrating malicious pop-up and browser hijacker, that will eventually cause further virus infection. Avoid such kind of websites.
Delete Phishing Emails
The mass-mailing of computer viruses gives the attackers the luxury of spreading their malicious code in just one send off. This will arrive in the inbox as email that appears to be from a legitimate organization. So, if you receive an unexpected email with a link or an attached file, better delete it immediately.
Do Not Click a Suspicious Link
Links from social media, forums, and blog sites are sometimes being utilized by attackers to drive web users to a malicious page that contains malicious code. Therefore, do not just click on any link especially if it looks suspicious. Accidental access to the destination site may lead to Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha infection.
Be Careful When Downloading Files
Cracked software, serial key generators, and several freeware are seen as another method that spreads the Exploit:Win64/CVE-2020-1472.C!dha virus. Avoid acquiring these types of application and if there is a need to download a freeware or shareware, be sure to obtain it from the official website or trusted providers.