BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas is a type of potentially unwanted program that may install other threats when run into the computer. This is a name given by Microsoft Security Software to identify computer threat that is linked to adware or PUP. Unwanted programs are software that intends to implicate changes on the computer or browser without asking for user's approval. In this case, BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas may install other adware, toolbars, browser redirect, and hijack the home page of affected browser.
BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas files and codes can be acquired by user from ranges of sources. Malicious links, spam email messages, or Peer-to-peer connection can lead to the infection. It may also be dropped onto your PC by threats like Trojans, viruses, or malware.
When BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas is present on the computer, it will make various changes. In particular, potentially unwanted programs are targeting Internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Changes will be carried out by BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas by adding add-on, extension, or plug-in. This may result to the integration of toolbar or unknown search engine.
Aside from mentioned changes on the PC, BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas also installs files and folders. It can also make registry changes to load itself during Windows start-up.
Browser will be flooded with DNSUnlocker Ads during the presence of BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas:
How can you remove BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas?
To totally remove BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas from the computer and get rid of relevant adware, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
MSE Download Link (this will open on a new window)
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Windows 8 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas
Windows Defender Download Link (this will open on a new window)
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to BrowserModifer:Win32/Clodaconas or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.