Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB is an undesirable program detection that acts maliciously in the computer. This detection by Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender intended to catch files or malware that is behaving suspiciously and have features that are potentially harmful, infections, or persistent. Objects such as Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB must be disposed of as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage on the computer particularly on Windows operating system.
Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB propagates on the Internet via separate Trojan Downloader. At times, computer user has been able to acquire the threat after installing pirated software or malicious software bundles from a distrusted source. There are also cases of infection where Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB is distributed via spam email that constitutes as legitimate correspondence from a known organization, company, or business.
When a computer user runs the file identified as Behavior: Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB, it starts dropping more than one malicious file on the computer. Registry entries are also created to start loading Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB code every time Windows starts.
The moment that Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB is operational on the computer, it can perform several malicious actions including data gathering. Much worst, files identified as Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB can fetch a ransomware virus from a remote server and infects the computer instantly without being detected by security application.
In general, Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB files were designed as the advanced party of hackers prior to infecting the computer with a much hazardous threat like ransomware. This infection can lock files on the computer and demands payment from victims.
How to remove Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB?
To totally remove Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Remove Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB Instantly
To instantly remove Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB, we suggest that you scan the infected computer with this powerful anti-malware tool. It can detect and get rid of Trojans, viruses, malware, and adware from the infected computer. To fully protect the computer against Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB or similar attack, you can activate Malwarebytes to have real-time scanning and complete defense against all forms of threats.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
After executing the above instructions, Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB should have been eliminated totally from the computer. If there are still signs of infection or computer is displaying unusual behaviors, please continue with the remaining procedures.
Stage 1 : Start Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
Windows 10 Guide
1. Click on Windows logo and select Power icon when options pop-ups.
2. Select Restart from the options while pressing Shift key on the keyboard.
3. Choose an Option window will appear, select the Troubleshoot button.
4. On next window, please choose Advanced Option.
5. On Advanced Option window, click on Startup Settings and then, click Restart button to reboot the computer.
6. When Windows boot on Startup Settings, press function key F5 or number 5 on keyboard.
A simpler alternative for Windows 10 users is to scan the computer with Microsoft Defender Offline. This will run a virus scan in the recovery environment.
Windows 8 Guide
1. Click Windows Start icon at the lower left section of the screen.
2. Open Search window and type Advanced in the field. It will open General PC Settings.
3. Click on Advanced Startup and then, click on Restart Now button.
4. Once the computer starts in Advanced Startup option menu, select Troubleshoot.
5. Next, click on Advanced Options to reveal the next section.
6. Click Startup settings and then, click Restart button to boot the PC in Startup Settings.
7. Use function key F5 or number key 5 to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Stage 2 :Double Check with Microsoft Security Apps
Microsoft Windows has built-in security application that you can use to double-check if computer is still infected with Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB. For Windows 8 and 10 users, please run Windows Defender. Users of Windows Vista and older versions can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials to remove Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB virus.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Behavior:Win32/WastedLocker.SK!MTB items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.