This particular threat can be detected and removed by Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Other types of antivirus software may likewise identify the existence of this virus, hence, the detection name given may not be the same.
Behavior:Win32/SamScissor.A is a traditional detection for a questionable program that displays malicious behavior once installed or executed on the computer. The source of this threat is commonly dubious websites and file repository pages, particularly those that are offering free downloads of pirated software.
How to remove Behavior:Win32/SamScissor.A?
If your antivirus program detects the occurrence of Behavior:Win32/SamScissor.A, we highly recommend a complete virus scan on the computer. Remember to utilize only known and effective security applications such as the following:
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect Behavior:Win32/SamScissor.A or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing Behavior:Win32/SamScissor.A will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that Behavior:Win32/SamScissor.A is completely eliminated.
For more help
There are a lot of programs that can be identified as Behavior:Win32/SamScissor.A. To view similar threats that may have been bothering the computer, please see the Malicious Behavior threat listing.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.