This particular computer virus can be positively identified and removed by a trusted security application called Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Other types of antivirus software may assign a different alias to this infection, so the detection name provided may not match on all scanners.
Behavior:Win32/NtdsExfil.K is a well-known detection method for suspicious software, codes, or scripts that exhibit risky behavior after being installed or run on a computer. The source of this threat is frequently dubious websites and file repository pages, particularly those that offer free downloads of illegal software.
How to remove Behavior:Win32/NtdsExfil.K?
If your antivirus program detects Behavior:Win32/NtdsExfil.K on the computer, we strongly advise doing a thorough virus scan on it. Use only well-known and trustworthy security tools, like those that are listed below:
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect Behavior:Win32/NtdsExfil.K or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing Behavior:Win32/NtdsExfil.K will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that Behavior:Win32/NtdsExfil.K is completely eliminated.
For more help
Behavior:Win32/NtdsExfil.K can be recognized in a variety of applications, installer files, and executable data. To review similar threats that may have been bothering the computer, please check the Malicious Behavior threat listing.
You may also submit a comment below or start a discussion topic on our Adware, Malware, and Virus Problems Community Page.