A reliable computer protection application named Microsoft Defender Antivirus can positively identify and remove this computer virus. Other types of antivirus software may assign this infection a different alias; therefore, the detection name provided may not match on all scanners.
Behavior:Win32/BrowserExtensionUpdateUrl.A is a well-known detection method for dangerous software, codes, or scripts that display risky behavior after being installed or run on a computer. This threat is typically spread through dubious websites and file repository pages, particularly those that provide free downloads of unlicensed software.
How to remove Behavior:Win32/BrowserExtensionUpdateUrl.A?
If your antivirus program discovers Behavior:Win32/BrowserExtensionUpdateUrl.A on your computer, we strongly recommend doing a full virus scan on it. Use only well-known and trusted security tools, such as those listed below:
- Combo Cleaner for Windows
This software combines both antivirus and system optimization features. The special method it uses to combat computer viruses and maintaining the health of the system is the selling point of this program.
- Windows Defender/Windows Security (Windows 8 and 10/11)
This built-in security software for Windows provides the latest antivirus protection. Because the program is integrated in the system, it runs immediately and begins protecting the computer the moment that Windows starts.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows 7 and Vista)
Users of Microsoft Windows Vista or older versions can freely scan the computer for viruses and malware using this efficient security application.
The virus scan should be run in full mode. This is the best method to detect Behavior:Win32/BrowserExtensionUpdateUrl.A or any relevant viruses from the computer. We also suggest running a full scan after disabling the System Restore to avoid reinstating the virus just in case that this feature is compromised.
The instructions for removing Behavior:Win32/BrowserExtensionUpdateUrl.A will require the computer to restart and run in Safe Mode; as such, you may not be able to access this guide during the process. We recommend Printing this procedure or viewing this page on another device.
1. Before running any virus scan, please make sure to disable System Restore on your Windows system.
2. Next, we need to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking. This will prevent the malicious code from running.
3. After booting up the computer in Safe Mode with Networking, please download and scan the computer with the recommended anti-virus program as stated above.
4. There is no harm in checking the computer with multiple virus scanners to ensure that Behavior:Win32/BrowserExtensionUpdateUrl.A is completely eliminated.
For more help
Behavior:Win32/BrowserExtensionUpdateUrl.A can be found in a wide range of apps, installer files, and executable data. Please see the Malicious Behavior Threat listing to review similar threats that may have been disturbing the computer.