Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 is a detection for unwanted software that can penetrate the computer in a manner that are unexpected by Mac users. Typically, this threat is bundled to freeware and shareware that web users can acquire from unreliable sources such as malicious file-sharing networks, distrusted file-downloading sites, and dubious ad campaign.
When Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 has entered a Mac computer, it normally initiates the attack on browser application like Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox. Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 is known for placing a browser helper object or script that allows it to gather sensitive data from the computer. This threat aims to dominate the browser application for other illicit purposes that usually in the favor of its handlers.
Mac users are commonly unaware on the entry of Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 because it is attached to freeware bundle. The installation is discreet and it does not require Mac user’s permission to be installed. As usual, Adware.MAC.Generic.12722-relevant freeware will adapt the administrative privilege permitted to the host program and for this reason, installation of every integrated application process in the same unrestricted method.
Browsers and computer with Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 in it may suffer from several issues like excessive display of advertisements and redirects. For the shadowy part of its operation, the adware may collect sensitive data from the computer including user name, passwords, favorite websites, banking details, and geographical location.
How can you remove Adware.MAC.Generic.12722?
To totally remove Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 from the computer and get rid of relevant virus and trojan, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Instructions:
1. Open Microsoft Security Essentials by going to Windows Start > All Programs. If the tool is not yet installed on the computer, please download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
Complete installation guide and usage are also provided on the same link. It is essential in removing Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 effectively. If Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed on the PC, please proceed with the steps below.
2. On Microsoft Security Essentials Home screen, please choose Full under Scan Options.
3. Click on Scan Now button to start detecting Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 items, viruses, and malware on the PC. Scan may take a while, please be patient and wait for the process to end.
Windows 8 / 10 Instructions:
Windows Defender is a free tool that was built help you remove Adware.MAC.Generic.12722, viruses, and other malicious items from Windows 8 or Windows 10 system. Follow these procedures to scan your computer with Windows Defender:
1. Tap or click the Search charm, search for defender, and then open Windows Defender.
If Windows Defender is not yet installed on the computer, please proceed to download page using the link below. It also contains detailed instruction to install and use the program effectively. Proper usage is required to totally remove Adware.MAC.Generic.12722
2. On the Home tab, click Full under Scan Options. Click Scan now to start scanning for presence of Adware.MAC.Generic.12722. The process may take a while to complete.
3. After the scan, delete/quarantine identified threats wether it is relevant to Adware.MAC.Generic.12722 or not. You may now restart Windows to complete the virus removal process.
Double Check with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.