123helpmypc.com pop-up is part of a small but malicious program that is integrated into the system to be able to promote computer assistance service. Victims will be prompted to call online technical support via phone number 1-844-552-7825. You may get this program by downloading and installing shareware applications or fake software update. By packing 123helpmypc.com applet into other software, developers are hoping to spread the service fast and easy. Unknown to user, program they have downloaded and installed will somehow corrupt the system by dropping an adware. So far, 123helpmypc.com is deemed as an adware and not a computer virus.
Codes relevant to 123helpmypc.com can be loaded into the computer through the help of other malware or potentially unwanted program. Primary goal of the malware is to redirect affected browser to the specified web site or any pages within its domain.
There are also instances that clean computers will get redirected to 123helpmypc.com if user pays a visit to malicious web page which executes hijacking scripts.
When 123helpmypc.com is installed, it will pop-up from the system tray at any given time, without the need be executed. This threat may also open as a browser window and disguise as system warning. The adware promotes mainly their “computer online support” service, followed by a series of tools and programs, which it calls essential.
Most of the fake online technical support web site evolves mainly through malware infection. When installed on the computer, it will force the browser to view fake scanner or web page with enclosed bogus alert. In this case the malware will open the browser to 123helpmypc.com.
The threat is not considered a virus that may spread over the computer or to connected network. What 123helpmypc.com can do is to lie regarding the status of your computer so that you will be forced to obtain services which they are promoting.
How can you remove 123helpmypc.com?
To totally remove 123helpmypc.com from the computer and get rid of relevant adware, please execute the procedures as stated on this page. Make sure that you have completely scan the system with suggested malware removal tools and virus scanners.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the link below. Save the file on your hard drive.
2. Once the download completes, double-click on the file MBSetup.exe to run the program.
3. Select desired installation package whether for Personal Computer or Work Computer.
4. On next window, click Install button to proceed.
5. Just proceed with the succeeding prompts until it start to execute the installation procedure.
6. Installation process will take less than a minute. It should run automatically after completing the setup.
7. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware interface appears, please select Scan on the menu. The program will check for any available update before proceeding. Do not skip this step. Virus scan may take a while, please wait for the process to finish.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Run AdwCleaner to totally remove 123helpmypc.com
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to 123helpmypc.com. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
How to protect the computer?
The initial defense that comes to the mind of any computer users is to install an anti-virus or anti-malware program. This move is sensible and probably the most practical way to protect the computer against 123helpmypc.com attack. Hence, keep in mind that having a security software do not give full guarantee of protection. The most part of the prevention still lies on being cautious of users and therefore we are providing the following information as guidelines to protect the computer from virus infection.
Avoid Malicious Websites
There are enormous numbers of websites that was made for the primary purpose of spreading 123helpmypc.com. Normally, these sites are involved in integrating malicious pop-up and browser hijacker, that will eventually cause further virus infection. Avoid such kind of websites.
Delete Phishing Emails
The mass-mailing of computer viruses gives the attackers the luxury of spreading their malicious code in just one send off. This will arrive in the inbox as email that appears to be from a legitimate organization. So, if you receive an unexpected email with a link or an attached file, better delete it immediately.
Do Not Click a Suspicious Link
Links from social media, forums, and blog sites are sometimes being utilized by attackers to drive web users to a malicious page that contains malicious code. Therefore, do not just click on any link especially if it looks suspicious. Accidental access to the destination site may lead to 123helpmypc.com infection.
Be Careful When Downloading Files
Cracked software, serial key generators, and several freeware are seen as another method that spreads the 123helpmypc.com virus. Avoid acquiring these types of application and if there is a need to download a freeware or shareware, be sure to obtain it from the official website or trusted providers.