Being redirected to Theshafou.com could be the start of imminent security risks because malware authors are using this site to spread malicious code. When the web user encounters pop-up from Theshafou.com, they will be prompted to allow its push notification. Though the request is a generic approach, people behind Theshafou.com holds malign intention. If legitimate sites are sending updates and alerts through the push notification window, cyber scammers will misuse this feature to bombard web users with aggressive pop-up ads.
Origin of Theshafou.com pop-up
Web users normally catch the first glimpse of Theshafou.com during a redirect routine when visiting website that are involved in software and media piracy. There are also cases that the presence of adware on the browser is the basis for page redirect that will land web user to Theshafou.com.
On the initial visit, the site is going to prompt a message “Theshafou.com wants to show notifications.” If the web user ignores this pop-up, the site has other misleading messages in its arsenal to appeal for the activation of push notification. Here are the alternative notices:
- Press Allow to watch the video.
- Please click Allow to close this page.
- Click Allow to skip the ads.
- Just one more step. Click Allow to continue.
- Click Allow to confirm that you are not a robot.
As you can observe, Theshafou.com will do its best to commit web user into subscribing to its push notification feature because obtaining their approval is vital in the operation of people behind this website.
Theshafou.com pop-up ads
If the website successfully gains the permission to allow the push notification, cyber scammers will take this opportunity to display various aggressive ads on the browser. These pop-up ads are so annoying and completely overlaps web users view on the page. Worst of all, Theshafou.com displays an advertisement that holds malicious links, which intends to drive web users to unusual sites like adult pages, online gambling, fake survey, scam rewards, and fake software update.
Clearly, those online marketers who cannot avail the normal ad display are resorting to unfair marketing campaign of Theshafou.com. Since this is not healthy to the computer, we highly encourage immediate removal of Theshafou.com pop-up. Follow the steps below to effectively stop the aggressive pop-up ads on the browser program.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Theshafou.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||18.104.22.168|
Steps to remove Theshafou.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Theshafou.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Theshafou.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Theshafou.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Theshafou.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Theshafou.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Theshafou.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Theshafou.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Theshafou.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Theshafou.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Theshafou.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Theshafou.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Theshafou.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Theshafou.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Theshafou.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Theshafou.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Theshafou.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Theshafou.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Theshafou.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Theshafou.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Theshafou.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Theshafou.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Theshafou.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Theshafou.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Theshafou.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Theshafou.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Theshafou.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Theshafou.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Theshafou.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Theshafou.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Theshafou.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.