Thehotposts.com is a doubtful domain that is associated with an aggressive display of ads using push notification window. If this website pop-ups on the screen during browsing sessions and prompting to allow the push notification, please ignore and close the page. Once you permit Thehotposts.com to show notification, browser will get flooded with annoying pop-up advertisements. Because accessing any of these ads can be the root for virus contamination.
Thehotposts.com push notification
Web users ended up on Thehotposts.com when they visit a website that employs a redirect script. This happens when viewing sites that are involved in media or software piracy. While viewing a video or downloading a program, the page gets driven to Thehotposts.com as a result of the redirect script.
During the first visit, it will pop-up a message stating that “Thehotposts.com wants to show notifications.” Actually, this is a traditional message that websites are requesting so that it can send messages to users via the push notification window. The problem with dubious sites like Thehotposts.com, people behind it will exploit the feature to deliver aggressive types of advertisements. These ads are not just annoying, it can cause danger to the computer, especially if it holds a malicious link that aims to drive web users to malware infested websites.
Stopping the Thehotposts.com pop-up
Web users should not ignore the pop-ups emerging from a dubious URL like Thehotposts.com and similar sites as Sltrck.click, Getfirstapp.xyz, and Theshafou.com. Apart from exhibiting malicious content, it can diminish the browsing experience of users due to excessive display of ads. Worst, these pop-ups can lead to the download and execution of malware or viruses. Therefore, it is crucial to stop the Thehotposts.com pop-up as soon as it appears on the browser.
To totally get rid of Thehotposts.com pop-up, please execute the procedures as outlined below. As suggested, scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools to locate and delete malicious items linked to Thehotposts.com.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Thehotposts.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||18.104.22.168|
Steps to remove Thehotposts.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Thehotposts.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Thehotposts.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Thehotposts.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Thehotposts.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Thehotposts.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Thehotposts.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Thehotposts.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Thehotposts.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Thehotposts.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Thehotposts.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Thehotposts.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Thehotposts.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Thehotposts.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Thehotposts.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Thehotposts.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Thehotposts.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Thehotposts.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Thehotposts.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Thehotposts.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Thehotposts.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Thehotposts.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Thehotposts.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Thehotposts.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Thehotposts.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Thehotposts.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Thehotposts.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Thehotposts.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Thehotposts.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Thehotposts.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Thehotposts.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.