There are unethical web designers who create questionable websites with nonsensical and useless content for their visitors. This is illustrated via the Sweetpromod2.click page. This website’s primary goal is to deceive users into enabling browser notifications so that Sweetpromod2.click operators can consistently deliver alerts to users that typically include unwanted advertisements from their website. When perusing the internet, users who come across Sweetpromod2.click are likely to access dubious websites, including dangerous adult entertainment websites, illegal streaming platforms, gambling websites, scam or phishing websites, and any other dubious websites.
Spam contents by Sweetpromod2.click
Developers of Sweetpromod2.click may employ a variety of strategies to grab consumers’ attention in order to successfully run their business. Some operators, for instance, advertise a purported media player installation on their website as being necessary to use the video streaming service. There is also an “Allow” or “Install” button next to it, but this is not the actual button that starts the setup procedure. Instead, once confirmed, Sweetpromod2.click will begin to bombard website visitors with browser notifications. These notifications are really unpleasant and completely distract online consumers from their web browsing. Notifications from this website typically include a large number of invasive advertisements that are dubious and occasionally reroute users to other dangerous websites.
Visiting Sweetpromod2.click is risky
Once alerts are permitted, the Sweetpromod2.click website will expose consumers to risk just like Holywoodspecialsecrets.com and Regadsacademy.com. Alerts that contain intrusive advertisements are linked to the Sweetpromod2.click website and questionable advertising firms that market phony services and sell low-quality, overpriced goods. Additionally, the advertisements could trick users into downloading an unwanted program. Avoiding interactions with advertising from websites linked with Sweetpromod2.click is crucial for online users’ protection. Adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP) that are placed into the system without the computer user’s knowledge might occasionally make it difficult to access Sweetpromod2.click web pages. Additionally, these malicious programs or apps display advertisements that may be the cause of redirects to dubious websites like the Sweetpromod2.click website.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Sweetpromod2.click will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||188.8.131.52|
Sweetpromod2.click Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Sweetpromod2.click through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Sweetpromod2.click, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Sweetpromod2.click redirect including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Sweetpromod2.click pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Sweetpromod2.click from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Sweetpromod2.click from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Sweetpromod2.click.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Sweetpromod2.click list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Sweetpromod2.click from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Sweetpromod2.click pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Sweetpromod2.click entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Sweetpromod2.click pop-up is gone.
Remove Sweetpromod2.click from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Sweetpromod2.click.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Sweetpromod2.click pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Sweetpromod2.click from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Sweetpromod2.click from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Sweetpromod2.click to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Sweetpromod2.click.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Sweetpromod2.click pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted applications are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet software. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Sweetpromod2.click.
For Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find suspicious browser extension and Remove it from Google Chrome.
4. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is suspicious and may be relevant to Sweetpromod2.click. Click Remove to delete it from Mozilla Firefox.
For Internet Explorer (Uninstall For Edge Browser)
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable suspicious entries from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Sweetpromod2.click is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select any distrustful item or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Please restart the computer to complete the uninstall procedure.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Sweetpromod2.click
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Sweetpromod2.click is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Sweetpromod2.click
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Sweetpromod2.click, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Sweetpromod2.click and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Sweetpromod2.click should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.