Surf-Shield Newtab is a bona fide example of computer problem that seem like a functional search tool, which causes no risk. However, when your browser and computer are involved in this unknown application or domain (Surf-shield.xyz), the system becomes more probable to get involved in unwanted online threats, adware, and PUA. It should be noted that Surf-Shield Newtab website is capable to do illegitimate and unlawful actions like executing aggressive pop-ups and redirects, as well as inject tracking objects on the internet browser application. This threat is also known liable for infecting the browser with other adware like Power-Cleaner, Browsing-Shield Newtab, and many more.
How Surf-Shield Newtab enters the computer?
Inappropriate means may be used to deploy Surf-Shield Newtab to computers. It may substitute the start-up page and default search engine even without the computer user’s green light. After changing the browser settings, web users will come across various respective chains of issues as they surf the internet and doing online tasks. One of which is the assigned worthless search provider with Surf-shield.xyz URL. Surf-Shield Newtab is a debatable extension that maintains your online search actions and get redirected to an unknown website and enables ad content to be displayed on the browser.
To a certain extent, Surf-Shield Newtab will make web browsing more dangerous for web users. Not only does it keep your system exposed to other potential cyber menace, it can also keep your privacy in peril. With this unlikely search tool, the actors behind Surf-Shield Newtab can unearth crucial information such as search inquiries, product preferences, IP address, and other data that are relevant to online users online browsing.
Get rid of Surf-Shield Newtab
Overall, Surf-Shield Newtab is a mistrustful browser object according to which, the main objective is to make profits through own unfair advertising practices. Therefore, once you discover that this undesirable extension is running on the computer, you need to expunge it straightway. Deleting Surf-Shield Newtab is the only key to keep your browser and computer secure from assault and extra problems as this malware may pop up in your system from time-to-time.
Surf-Shield Newtab Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like Surf-Shield Newtab through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Surf-Shield Newtab, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Surf-Shield Newtab hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete Surf-Shield Newtab Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Surf-Shield Newtab.
Remove Surf-Shield Newtab Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Surf-Shield Newtab or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Surf-Shield Newtab Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Surf-Shield Newtab and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Surf-Shield Newtab is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Surf-Shield Newtab Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Surf-Shield Newtab from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Surf-Shield Newtab is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Surf-Shield Newtab or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Surf-Shield Newtab automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Surf-Shield Newtab that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Surf-Shield Newtab.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Surf-Shield Newtab and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Surf-Shield Newtab browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Surf-Shield Newtab on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Surf-Shield Newtab.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Surf-Shield Newtab. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Surf-Shield Newtab. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Surf-Shield Newtab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Surf-Shield Newtab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Surf-Shield Newtab.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Surf-Shield Newtab extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Surf-Shield Newtab. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Surf-Shield Newtab should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Surf-Shield Newtab and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.