Unknown search engine like SuperPdfConverterSearch can be annoying especially that it enters the computer uninvited. For this intrusive trait, computer security experts dubbed it as potentially unwanted program (PUP). Being in this threat category, we can concur that makers of SuperPdfConverterSearch are deploying this unknown browser search through several deceptive ways like covert software bundles and misleading online advertisements.
SuperPdfConverterSearch Browser Hijacker
Initially, SuperPdfConverterSearch was made as browser hijacker that takes over internet settings while totally disregarding web user’s preferences. It conquers homepage and search tool and therefore, every online search inquiry of web users are processed by SuperPdfConverterSearch. The motive for this is actually to extract user’s information because all internet traffic from the compromised browser program are diverted to SuperPdfConverterSearch and therefore, attackers can monitor victim’s browsing activities. The server can log details like favorite websites, search keywords, online preferences, and user’s location.
Collected data are very crucial to attacker’s objective of generating online profit because information derived from web users are useful in serving personalized advertisements. On top of that, gathered data from SuperPdfConverterSearch traffic transmission can be marketed to third party companies that have high demand for internet user’s information.
SuperPdfConverterSearch Pop-up Ads
Aside from homepage and search hijacking, SuperPdfConverterSearch was developed as ad provider. Its serves different kind of advertisements like pop-ups, redirects, banners and so on. Hence, the most disturbing of them all are the persistent advertisements that pop-ups via push notification window.
Upon initial visit to SuperPdfConverterSearch, it prompts a notice stating that “We’d like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.” However, instead of the delivering said service, web users may receive persistent pop-ups notifications containing various promotions and referrals once they clicked the “ALLOW” button. Unfortunately some of SuperPdfConverterSearch pop-ups are containing deceitful links that points the browser program to harmful destinations, which eventually infects the computer with more threats. Some of the target sites are 1dapp.news, Success-news.net, Lotsnippier.cam, and so on.
To conclude, SuperPdfConverterSearch is a risky website that web users must avoid. If in case it is consistently appearing on the browser, we recommend scanning the computer with legitimate virus and malware removal tools. This step will automatically locate and delete harmful objects that cause the SuperPdfConverterSearch pop-ups.
SuperPdfConverterSearch Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like SuperPdfConverterSearch through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like SuperPdfConverterSearch, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete SuperPdfConverterSearch hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete SuperPdfConverterSearch Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to SuperPdfConverterSearch.
Remove SuperPdfConverterSearch Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find SuperPdfConverterSearch or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall SuperPdfConverterSearch Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to SuperPdfConverterSearch and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that SuperPdfConverterSearch is also gone from the homepage.
Remove SuperPdfConverterSearch Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of SuperPdfConverterSearch from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If SuperPdfConverterSearch is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select SuperPdfConverterSearch or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove SuperPdfConverterSearch automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like SuperPdfConverterSearch that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like SuperPdfConverterSearch.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to SuperPdfConverterSearch and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the SuperPdfConverterSearch browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of SuperPdfConverterSearch on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by SuperPdfConverterSearch.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to SuperPdfConverterSearch. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by SuperPdfConverterSearch. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with SuperPdfConverterSearch. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from SuperPdfConverterSearch. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of SuperPdfConverterSearch.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed SuperPdfConverterSearch extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to SuperPdfConverterSearch. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. SuperPdfConverterSearch should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by SuperPdfConverterSearch and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.