my-online-search.com can be mistakenly identified by some computer users as a virus or malware infection. Theoretically, My Online Search that takes control of the home page and search engine is just a nasty software or also known as potentially unwanted program. It is a malicious browser add-on/extension that works with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Foremost goal of this browser hijacker is to default your start-up page and search engine with my-online-search.com.
Annoyance is the only thing you can have with the existence of my-online-search.com. Its search function is not as good known brands like Google, Yahoo, or Bing, so why utilized it instead of the popular ones. Furthermore, there is no guarantee on the safety of links that is published by my-online-search.com. There are circulating reports that unknown search are being utilized by malware authors to distribute malware. It may or may not include my-online-search.com, but to be safe, we urge you to use only legitimate search engines.
There are ways to prevent this hijacker from entering the computer deterring yourself from downloading freeware. You must download programs from reputable sites that do not host bundled adware. Installing programs using ‘Custom Setup’ instead of ‘Express Setup’ also gives you the opportunity to look into programs that are packed with it. Exclude unwanted program like my-online-search.com from getting installed and load only your preferred application.
Online Security Scanner Report for my-online-search.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Nov 20, 2013|
|Suspicious||Feedback: Security risks||Updated: Nov 20, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 20, 2013|
my-online-search.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like my-online-search.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to my-online-search.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to my-online-search.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove my-online-search.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted my-online-search.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of my-online-search.com on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On January 18, 2014