Costsimpleplay.com is a website that employs unusual advertising scheme to promote third party products and services. Typically, Mac users get redirected to this web address if they happen to visit malicious websites that was made to produce random pop-ups and redirects. In that sense, Mac users may not only be bothered with Costsimpleplay.com, but also with other similar intrusive websites serving excessive advertisements.
Seeing Costsimpleplay.com on the browser does not always mean that Mac computer or browser program as Safari and Google Chrome is infected with malware. As said, the redirect could be due to visited websites that redirects web browser to Costsimpleplay.com. Hence, if Costsimpleplay.com appears repeatedly during browser start-up, this denotes that browser is under adware attack. In addition, seeing repetitive notifications on the browser is also a sign that computer needs thorough cleaning. Some of the common notifications from Costsimpleplay.com are the following:
- Your Mac is infected. Check your Mac for viruses.
- Reminder: Update Security. MacOS needs protection
- Norton License Expired Today. Renew now to stray protected.
When experiencing these continuous and misleading pop-ups, we highly recommend scanning the computer with recommended anti-virus and anti-malware tools. Leaving this threat on the browser will not only cause annoyances. Worst than that, Costsimpleplay.com may also redirect the internet software to dreadful sites that mean to unload malware on visitor’s computer. In addition, presence of Costsimpleplay.com code on the browser exposes Mac user’s sensitive information because it can log data as user name, passwords, favorite websites, and other personal identifiable details.
Procedures to Remove Costsimpleplay.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Costsimpleplay.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Costsimpleplay.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Costsimpleplay.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Costsimpleplay.com or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Costsimpleplay.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Costsimpleplay.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Costsimpleplay.com Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Costsimpleplay.com during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Costsimpleplay.com.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Costsimpleplay.com or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Costsimpleplay.com Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Costsimpleplay.com is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Costsimpleplay.com pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Costsimpleplay.com.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Costsimpleplay.com. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Costsimpleplay.com or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Costsimpleplay.com.