Costsimpleplay.com is a website that employs unusual advertising scheme to promote third party products and services. Typically, Mac users get redirected to this web address if they happen to visit malicious websites that was made to produce random pop-ups and redirects. In that sense, Mac users may not only be bothered with Costsimpleplay.com, but also with other similar intrusive websites serving excessive advertisements.
Seeing Costsimpleplay.com on the browser does not always mean that Mac computer or browser program as Safari and Google Chrome is infected with malware. As said, the redirect could be due to visited websites that redirects web browser to Costsimpleplay.com. Hence, if Costsimpleplay.com appears repeatedly during browser start-up, this denotes that browser is under adware attack. In addition, seeing repetitive notifications on the browser is also a sign that computer needs thorough cleaning. Some of the common notifications from Costsimpleplay.com are the following:
- Your Mac is infected. Check your Mac for viruses.
- Reminder: Update Security. MacOS needs protection
- Norton License Expired Today. Renew now to stray protected.
When experiencing these continuous and misleading pop-ups, we highly recommend scanning the computer with recommended anti-virus and anti-malware tools. Leaving this threat on the browser will not only cause annoyances. Worst than that, Costsimpleplay.com may also redirect the internet software to dreadful sites that mean to unload malware on visitor’s computer. In addition, presence of Costsimpleplay.com code on the browser exposes Mac user’s sensitive information because it can log data as user name, passwords, favorite websites, and other personal identifiable details.
Costsimpleplay.com Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Costsimpleplay.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Costsimpleplay.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Costsimpleplay.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Costsimpleplay.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Costsimpleplay.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove Costsimpleplay.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Costsimpleplay.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Costsimpleplay.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Costsimpleplay.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Costsimpleplay.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.